Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner was with me, after hours at a plant where I worked as machinist. Joe almost fainted when I stepped up to a huge, honest 1 horsepower bench- grinder and knocked metal off of the back of the frame tang with it, :) Then did final work with Dremel, of course.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
True story! That big snag grinder was something else! Course 12" wheels. The good times.
Remember the match in the mud an pouring rain? What about the HP loads an the curved slide? Still have some of those. They are ok in a govt model.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
John, Tuesday was down in Litchfield, an picked up a Smith model 25 in 45LC in the box, unfired. Also found a High Standard HD military that is 95% or better. I know, worthless to you.
Have to find out how to put pics on here

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
curved slide? do you mean the commander slide that I warped with brazing? I do remember the rain match at Litch. Good to hear from you, Bro! the HD is probably worth a lot of money these days, maybe more than the M25?

I've had a couple of .45 lc's way back when, a Ruger Blackhawk and Colt New Service. are you going to do the Paradox rifling thing, so you can shoot birdshot in it without having the rifling scatter the pattern? Siefied did so with a 7.5" barreled Ruger, 30 years ago, said 2.5" of rifling left at the muzzle still gave 2.5" groups at 25 yds with mild swc loads. bet the idea makes you MOAN, applied to a Smith, eh? :)

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I"ve run the Cooper with wheelgun a few times, usually just to shame guys about their times with autos. :) I dont specifically recall doing so with your snubby. the match requires 11 rds, so I must have shot one target once only. was that the time when I was using your M37 and cast reloads on the 10" gong at 75 yds, at Litch?

read an article, years ago in Gun World, when the heavyset columnist (rich something?) was hitting torsos at 100 yds, ONE handed with a .38 2" CHARTER, ferchissakes.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there a gun store in Litch these days? is the great old gunstore/liquor place still over in Hillsboro?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a helluva time recalling Kolesar's name last week. Ever hear what happened to him? he got mad at me for teasing him about sticking his HK' flashhider in the Ashes up on the Ill river, at Sparky's place. and EYE was the one who stopped him in time to save h is barrel and maybe his face! :) He got a bit careless as he went prone with his 308. Anyway, lost track of him. I oughta do a search for him, I guess.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Browning HP with rainbowed slide from getting it to shoot major. 158swc with about 5.5 Unique. You straightened the slide but don't remember what ever happened to gun.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
don't recall anything about specific hp loads? do you mean the 230 gr .45 swc bullets? What caliber and what bullet? I might have had the only such mold H and G ever made in that model. probably could sell it for a fortune. Ever go to castboolits forum?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts