Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he's got a degree in geology that he's never used. Gonna have him get at least one mining claim for me, so I'll have the right to be some place that there's no road into, lots of wooded hills, water. Then I can bury stuff that I dont want to bother to haul back and forth, but which won't matter if it's stolen, either.

when you're out of sight, nobody can tell, by the sound, if something is a normal .22lr or a silenced 223. :)

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
I'm stunned, Melvin has friends!

• Haha
Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Point IS, dimwits, that I'll have access to remote land that nobody can come on without his permission, on which any legit person can shoot. No reason to bother anyone on such property, and no requirement for ID out there, either.

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
You know, this is one of those things that started out making me grin a little, but just got sad five minutes into it. Even about things that just really don't matter, the lies and inconsistencies still overflow...

These two posts are about the same guy, from the “I knew all these scumbags” thread:
never said that they were friends, just that I knew them. I had only 1 guy I'd actually call a friend. He helped me a lot, but I've lost track of him
The friend was a hit man, enforcer, big scale thief, (as in entire 18 wheelers of meat, TV sets, etc) Nightclubowner/pimp…
So, only one friend ever. Pimp, thief, hitman. Got it.

Apparently, in addition to being a pimp, thief and hitman, he’s also a degreed geologist:
friend of mine retires next year.
he's got a degree in geology…
And an smg vendor / wheelman:
A friend was driving a van around the block, with a beeper. 1986. My stuff was in his storage…
Named Tom:
my friend Tom DID know quite a bit about them…
And Danny:
…My good friend Danny...
Who uses the pseudonym “Pietsek” (apparently being named both “Tom” and “Danny” is cumbersome):
a friend of mine has voice mail set up as "pietsek
it's a joke, about a dead baby birth cert that I got for a friend of his who went on the run...
Who owns a POS semiauto Thompson:
…A friend bought a civilian "modern" version of the auto ord, semi variant. It fell apart in the same 4000 rds as his cheap "commando" version had…
He also enjoys N-frame Smiths, apparently:
…Did he go to my mom's funeral? An old friend did that who had such a gun, showed me a half inch or better group from 50 yds with it..
And had a thing for shooting things with bolt-action .222’s:
…My friend's dad had bought it for scrap and my friend shot it twice with the Rem 788….

Just sad - even when there's no benefit to lying, the lies still spew...

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
First off Melvin has no friends, he is the type that will use people to his maximum advantage and give nothing in return. Now Melvin wants to do a "Alaska Bush People" thing. Melvin, don't you realize that the Brown family is phonier than a $3.00 bill?

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
So Melvin, how did the prospecting work out?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
he's got a degree in geology that he's never used. Gonna have him get at least one mining claim for me, so I'll have the right to be some place that there's no road into, lots of wooded hills, water. Then I can bury stuff that I dont want to bother to haul back and forth, but which won't matter if it's stolen, either.

when you're out of sight, nobody can tell, by the sound, if something is a normal .22lr or a silenced 223. :)
mining claims require that you make annual improvements to the roads and to the access. Mineral rights come with a cost.

so did you ever get your claim? it's been years...

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
I always wondered if this thread was a subconscious throwback to Unintended Consequences. Didn't one of the main characters in that have a degree in geology or similar?

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
So Melvin, how is the "Mining" Claim working out for you?

• Haha

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Going by the posting dates I missed this originally from family issues and then me recovering from covid and not following everything too much.
Wish I hadn't missed it.
Although a mining claim alone would not provide him with any realistic protection from the law with regards to him shooting firearms.
And doing it anywhere reasonable in Oklahoma?
Wish I had kept in touch with one of the maintenance guys at Pinnacle Foods where I worked security for a bit. He was the president of the Oklahoma chapter of the Prospectors Association. Richard would have known the exact laws. And it would benefit Melvin Mining Inc. to be informed of their real rights and have legal representation if needed.
Because you don't just go stumble bumbling around anywhere in a National Forest digging holes. Richard told me that legit prospectors have been harassed by Forest Rangers and even fined claiming it's illegal. And now with the environazis in this administration? Forget about it.

Why did I get a flash in my mind of a modern version of the Beverly Hillbillies?
Melvin target shooting striking oil out in the National Forest and not getting rich but busted and fined not just by the BATFE but the EPA?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts