Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming the balloon did go up, in your geographical location do you believe that you would have much problem with gang bangers?

In the portion of the province that I live in we have some problems with Asian and some African immigrant gangs, other than drugs they generally stay far away from the decent people. Its my belief that is the balloon went up they would probably arm themselves and try and loot what they required to survive. They generally don't think ahead and probably would have a mixed bag of both reliable and unreliable firearms, with limited stocks of ammo. If the balloon has gone up, and its a free fire zone, I don't think that their continued existence would be guaranteed.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Just take a look around and notice how many predators exist on this planet that are a danger to human beings. If the gang members volunteer to be placed in this sort of category then their biggest problem might be warding off extinction.

I just watched the movie "Tombstone" last night. If you remember the movie, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gang bangers present a problem but I don't think they would last long without law enforcement to save them.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
No.
I live too far out of the city for them to be a threat. People stick to their known environments for them to venture this far out. Even where I work is unlikely, as there's little population (read les victims) around. If they did bother coming out, well, let's just say it's ******* enough out here that they wouldn't last long.

Besides, I think your title was accurate, first people they'll be fighting is each other, settling territory and dominance issues.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
dream on. You've never lived around them. I have. They will be the last ones standing, if shtf, in most cases, simply because of their willingness to do what's necessary, and their sticking-together, no matter what.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
dream on. You've never lived around them. I have. They will be the last ones standing, if shtf, in most cases, simply because of their willingness to do what's necessary, and their sticking-together, no matter what.
Except that they are very urban oriented, chemically dependent, adolescent in mentality, and cowards when faced with serious, skilled, armed opposition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gang war

On the average I would say that was true, however there are more orginized groups (crip nation , 5 %r's, el rukins, Mexican mafia, and the traditional orginized crime groups like la cosa nostra and chinese triad gangs) that are run by older folks from behind the scenes and in some areas they have become sort of a second government exerting control over the public. If regular govenrment fails to provide the for the sheeple then orginized crime will step in. Somalia, Haiti, Liberia case in point, warlords who are basically gangsters using thugs to control segments of the population. American culture is priming the bulk of the population for this sort of thing, just look at the rejection of the consepts of self reliance and self defence, the attack on personal firearms ownership and the way the politicians try to sell protections at the cost of freedoms creating a dependence. :shrugs:

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
andy said:
When single and in Houston, I lived in an area basically run by the Bandidos, a fairly large hispanic biker gang. I agree about their chances in the city; can't say about how they'd fare if they took it on the road.

Could do well, as many roving hordes historically have, also could get trounced, as many roving hordes historically have. A major difference is that in ancient times, cities were basically the armed camps, and the rurals (peasants) were largely unarmed. That variable is almost reversed in modern America, and could be a major factor in how things played out.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John in AR, very interesting variable, I hadn't considered society "disarming" the cities. The more I give it some consideration I see your point.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Yeah, it is an interesting way of looking at things. Historically people banded together tightly for protection from the outside world. Now this has basically reversed itself where most of the day to day dangers are within the cities, not outside the walls. Instead of needing to repel invaders from the city walls as in olden days, the problem will then be to keeping them contained.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i studyied on this thread a day or so, i thought there were [3] good responses
mostrov,zip-gun,j-a.r.

after reading the first couple, when posted.

when a net work is organizied[in place] like drugs/bikers/guns/ect.
that is already pissed-off, yes it could prove to be a most fierce contingent
[make them pay dearly][every last fuckin' one of em']
as far as GANG BANGERS go, i think/know them to be punks!

although, picture[in your mind] the actor danny trujillo[s.p.] types after your ......hidey/slidey....not pleasant of a thought ,huh?

hell,2or3 car loads of teenagers,although , still kids, when armed/high

could prove a persons demise[hell, i figure not to smile much , and always ready to reload /grab something at stand-by stations]

the sad fact of the matter[karma] one would likely end up being bit by a rabid skunk/rattlesnake/breaking a leg,..or something completely different!

before they counted coue/scalped 3-4 in their vigil of repeling BOARDERS :dgrin:

WE ALL DIE,JUST SOME SOONER THAN LATER ! HAR!.....AIN'T THAT RIGHT
OL' BOY [MISTER160] .....DAVIS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
brass hammer said:
WE ALL DIE,JUST SOME SOONER THAN LATER ! HAR!.....AIN'T THAT RIGHT
There is something I quote sometimes because I like it

"Death is easy, comedy is hard"

Just a thought.

RIKA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts