Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,761 Posts
Both the FN FAL and Lee Enfield work in severe cold weather very reliably! I normally use a dry graphite on my guns during the winter months. The Lee Enfield is still issued to the Canadian Rangers(Eskimos) way up north as a standard issue rifle. I think the action covers for the Enfield last seen service during WW II. I've had good luck with Bushnell scopes during the winter. They have a great warranty service also.

·
Registered
10,761 Posts
6 groves are not rare on Longbranch Enfields. If your lucky enough to have a Canadian C1A1 , baby it, charish it, it is an excellent battle rifle of immense quality.

·
Registered
10,761 Posts
Canadian Enfields produced at Longbranch Arsenals came with either a 2, 5, or 6 groove barrel. Three (3) Backsights were issued with Canadian Enfields;

1) Mk 1 Vertical Leaf ............. Aperture sight, screw adjustable for ranges from 200 yd to 1300 yd. W/battle sight

2) Mk 2 "L" Type .................... Double aperture 300 yd. and 600 yd.

Mk 3 Vertical Leaf ................... Aperture sight, slide w/click adjustment for ranges from 200 yd. to 1300 yd. W/ Battle sight

Foresight Fixed vertical blade, 12 different sizes from -0.045 inch to +0.120 inch in 0.015 inch increments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.