Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to bother with it. Get the alloy compact model, in a "fully loaded" Spld, used, for $600 or less If you want to shoot a lot, with low cost, get it in 9mm, along with a .22 unit. You'll have more fun, and if you stick to 230 gr loads in the .45, the CorBon 90 gr jhp or 100 gr PowRBall is actually more effective. Still doesn't amount to much, of course, but .45 ball is very little indeed, and the 230 gr jhp's aint much better than ball. They don't expand in flesh worth a hoot.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.45 practice AMMO is nearly 2x the cost of 9mm practice ammo. 9mm ball is within 2 c of the COMPONENT cost of .45 reloads. Why waste the time picking up .45 brass, instead of practicing more with the 9mm, hmm?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alloy compact 9mm is just as "hard" to control as is a full size and wt .45 1911. So why bother to spend the extra money for practice ammo? 10c a rd is alot of extra money to spend, if you shoot much.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
to bother with it. Get the alloy compact model, in a "fully loaded" Spld, used, for $600 or less If you want to shoot a lot, with low cost, get it in 9mm, along with a .22 unit. You'll have more fun, and if you stick to 230 gr loads in the .45, the CorBon 90 gr jhp or 100 gr PowRBall is actually more effective. Still doesn't amount to much, of course, but .45 ball is very little indeed, and the 230 gr jhp's aint much better than ball. They don't expand in flesh worth a hoot.
The forty-five doesn't need to expand, TARD. If you would have had any significant experience with the 1911 you would know that.

If you knew the history of the forty-five ACP it was designed at .452 for that purpose. DUH, DUMMY!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I practice with what I carry, not some sissy substitute as suggested by the el-cheapo survival guru.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
.45 practice AMMO is nearly 2x the cost of 9mm practice ammo. 9mm ball is within 2 c of the COMPONENT cost of .45 reloads. Why waste the time picking up .45 brass, instead of practicing more with the 9mm, hmm?
Probably because I buy .45 in bulk, 500 - 1000rnds at a time, same as I do 9mm.

I practice with both. AND I collect my brass when I'm done.

Doesn't impact the amount of practicing with either rnd.

You invent some interesting excuses for stuff, just like inventing reasons not to take Hard Rock up on the paid trip.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Not everybody needs a sissy gun, like gunkid.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Garand said:
Not everybody needs a sissy gun, like gunkid.
A sissy is, as a sissy does! Right NUTTY JOHN?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
When you have a job, you can afford ammo.
Not that it matters, he can't own .45 or 9mm.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Andy, you're too much. I mean, sometimes you hit the nail on the head, other times you smash your thumb.

.45ACP has been dropping men in their tracks for a long time now.

Remember the Miami shootout, where the bad guy was hit like 19 times w/ 9mm and still didn't lose his ability to shoot back? Know of anyone, on drugs or not, that wouldn't have been stopped long before being hit with 19 rnds of .45?

Why do LEOs that use 9mm use +p+ ammo? Is it because 9mm is weak?
Why not go with a PROVEN round, with a verifiable track record?

You say it's heavy. I have a p14-45 thats "heavy", but I'd rather have a "heavy" 1911-type weapon that works, than a "light" 9mm "practice gun" that won't do the job. And, it's not "hard to control", nor is practice ammo that expensive.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Funny, the 1911 is a heavy old clunk, yet he just HAS to have one in his magical .460 Rowland. . .Flip flop little fishy.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Yep, its so obsolete that they don't even send it to war any more .......................................................................... NOT!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
But ... but ... but surely it must be loaded with 460 Rowlands.

RIKA :D

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The cost difference between Russian made bulk 9mm vs Russian made bulk .45ACP is negligible.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Garand said:
Yep, its so obsolete that they don't even send it to war any more .......................................................................... NOT!!!!
And, Garand delivers another swift kick, to NUTTY JOHN'S rather large poster.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I went through my "Wonder Nine" phase and with proper loads it's a good defense cartridge. However I prefer the .45 ACP in Glock or Colt, thank you very much. .45 230 Grain ACP is nothing to sneer at. That big old pumpkin ball stings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts