Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bipod, 11" CAR, scope, match ammo, 300m, and I 'll stand there and let you shoot back all you CAN. :) You'd be STUPID to take the bet at 400 yds, too, cause the odds are about 2 out of 3 that I'd hurt you bad enough that you couldn't hit a barn at 400 yds. :) Anyone who "thinks" otherwise is just ignorant of the facts, that's all.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
11" CAR will get the 75 gr VLDS to 2500 fps, and they'll still have plenty of velocity left at 400 yds, too. In fact, it might even still expand a boattailed vMax sp a bit at that range. I've heard that they might do so as slow as 1500 fps.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Yeah. Yeah. And your favorite video is Princess Di has a hemmoridectomy.

(From an old Night Court rerun)

RIKA :D

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
More lying BS. You never show up when people HAVE taken you up on challenges.

·
Registered
779 Posts
How about iron sights and off hand at 300 meters?

My M1-A vs your Shorty CAR?~>;-)

Two steel plates cut to match our upper torsos' we're both a bit over 6' so it should be easy to get a close match.

Both fire 20rds off hand, one with the most hits wins.

Loser buys the winner dinner and a round of drinks at the best eatery in Durango.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with the right rifle, sure. No, punk, what you CLAIM has been "offers' has been your BS. You name a place, somebody you dont like, and HOPE I kill the guy. You, however, are chicken<font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font> to come to Durango, CO, ANYTIME. cause you KNOW you'll never walk anywhere again. ;You'll be LUCKY if you can wheelchair anywhere.j I offer you 10 to 1 odds, on crap you CLAIM you can do, $5000 to $500, and you dont show up. YOu aint on parole, aint a felon, what's your bs EXCUSE, punk? Bring all the help you WANT. You cant FIND enough.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just go bust my buddy out of camp, see to it he has a good view and an AR, and NONE of you will leave. :) u try any crap other than even up stuff. :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Jesssz guy chill out I come up with a realistic match and you start again with this nonsense of yours.

How do you think anyone is going to take you serious when you keep up with this sort of posting? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Sure, sure. You pee your pants at the thought of getting a travel waiver to go and watch someone shoot, which in no way violates your parole. Yet, you're going to go bust your lover out of the joint, arm him with weapons you don't have to cover you in case you lose.

Real good plan there skippy.

BTW, why not meet in Pagosa Springs?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I figured Durango being a tourist trap of sorts would have better places to eat.

Pagosa might also. But since he can't reply with anything but bluster it's a moot point. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah, but since he lives in Pagosa, you don't have to worry about a no-show. Which is probably why he doesn't ever offer to meet there, he couldn't welch.

'Course is WOULD help if he'd show for all the other challenges he's been taken up on. . .

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
That's completely uncalled for Todd. What did the rabid baboons ever do to you?

:dgrin:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
with the right rifle, sure. No, punk, what you CLAIM has been "offers' has been your BS. You name a place, somebody you dont like, and HOPE I kill the guy. You, however, are chicken<font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font> to come to Durango, CO, ANYTIME. cause you KNOW you'll never walk anywhere again. ;You'll be LUCKY if you can wheelchair anywhere.j I offer you 10 to 1 odds, on crap you CLAIM you can do, $5000 to $500, and you dont show up. YOu aint on parole, aint a felon, what's your bs EXCUSE, punk? Bring all the help you WANT. You cant FIND enough.
your theory about killing the wrong person only applies if you intend to ambush them instead of facing them like a man.

You introduce yourself, ask them if they are expecting you, etc etc. If they don't have a clue, or they aren't who you were supposed to show up, then how can they be in ANY DANGER OF DYING?

The only way, would be you planning on being a coward and shooting them in the back without ever actually facing them.

Come, on, explain why you would end up killing them otherwise?

Your post reveals your cowardice.

please explain how I am wrong with my analysis of your claim?

:devil:

·
Registered
68 Posts
While I would never take a shot at anyone on a bet,

John,

I understand the point you are trying to make. Likewise, would you give an experienced long range shooter one shot at you under decent conditions with an M40 .308 at 1000 yards?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no, but my odds would be MUCH better,actually. :) The point is, Mike, that guys are INTENTIONALLY fos LYING when they claim a shorty 223 is worthless past 200m. The odds are still BAD if you let me shoot at you at 400m, with such a gun. That's TWICE the range of the 30-30, 44 Mag lever guns, 30 Carbine, 3x the range of 12 ga slugs, all of which MANY "think" have enough range for shtf. :) If a 308 has a normal MBR zero of250yds, Mike, it's over 30 ft LOW at 1000 yds. If you zero it at 1000 yds, it's 15 ft HIGH at 600 yds. Not to MENTION wind,mirage, target MOVEMENT, and the fact that only an idiot would hold still long enough,in daylight and in the open, to let somebody "set up" a 1000 yd shot. If he's walking, he'd cover nearly 100 yds in the one minute guys get for a 600 yd shot in the HighPower matches. That 100 yd diff in range would make you have to 'recalculate" the hold-off, too. :) 1000 yds with a 308 is like 100 yds with .45 ball and a 4" autoloader. Yeah, you can hit, if the target LETS you, but realistically, you will miss a LOT, at 1/10 that range,when it's for real.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It's called a mil-dot scope. You don't have to re-set for each shot. The hold-overs are already done for each range. For a master shottist, you seem to have some problems with shooting knowledge...

I like how you have to have decent conditions for your shot, but when you challenge others, you get to pick "realistic" (your term) conditions.

You pick silly challenges, when your point could easily be made with a non-lethal challenge. But then, someone might take you up on it - right?

So much drama all the time

:devil:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Andy you are FOS. Who says anyone with any rifle can't adjust for elevation in the field? Hmmmm....ever hear of target knobs? Oh yeah sorry that cheap A1 upper on the CAR you supposedly got dose not have them.

And why did you crawfish on shooting off-hand at 300m with your CAR? Probably don't even have one. ~>;-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts