Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
loads, which dont expand, and waste 150 ft lbs on the far side of your attacker. I prefer to have 800 ft lbs, ALL used in the attacker,thanks. There's ZERO to argue about in favor of wussy defensive ammo. All you can do is ADMIT that you are cheap, lazy, and apathetic about the subject.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
what about DOUBLE blood

trails,hummmmmmmm!

your the one always talkin' about TARGETS floppin' an bleedin' out !,there ol' boy @ssCRACK dog WHACKER ,YOU!

please, no need to respond :dunce: again

thanks.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
A hostile opponent that you have shot and still has a functional trigger finger is a threat to your life. Better not to waste time waiting for someone to bleed out.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Since virtualy all experts say such rounds as the .357 Sig are amost 100 percent one shot stops, and even the .40 S&W. .45 ACP, 10mm, 9mm, etc.. with good hollowpoints are well into the 90s, I see no reason to spend time looking at this 800 fp stuff. Rather spend time either training to bring up my skills or enjoying life.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Well, what I find kinda funny, is that a 150 gr .308 started at 2820 (at the muzzle), will have more than 800 ft lbs at 500 yds (1560 fps, 810 ft lbs)

I'm sure that the numbers for a 175gr bullet could be provided fairly easily as to how many ft lbs are present at 500 yds...

And, in another thread he was poo-pooing frontal area, so it shouldn't matter if the .308 expands or not (ignoring that it's already bigger diameter than a .224)

but, whatever....

:devil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.