Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and $3000 next year,without a doubt. Wifey got stuck in her home country for an extra 2 weeks, cause she tested positive for covid. cost us an extra 2k. So no gold buy this month. I hesitate to buy gold over $2100 now, but that's going to change in a few months, most likely.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Personally these days with prices rising, I'll invest in gas, ammo & food. I have heard that gold is hard to chew on.

Reactions: BigEd and Terry G

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
With the eastern Europe stupidity going on now, it absolutely could hit those prices, but it could also do a dozen other things. There really is no way to know for sure which.

·
Super Moderator
2,316 Posts
Personally these days with prices rising, I'll invest in gas, ammo & food. I have heard that gold is hard to chew on.
Yep, and I'm investing in Lead in a couple of weeks.
Not loaded ammo but for casting boolits again.
I think I still have some basic casting items around here.
Unless they either got "recycled" or flea marketed without my knowledge or remembering.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
...I hesitate to buy gold over $2100 now
Even better call now than then, because it's currently $1873; meaning MORE than $200 below that.

Again, not making inherent fun of anyone buying or owning gold; I'm just trying to illustrate the dangers and silliness of making dogmatic predictions. With all the world crap going on, gold may skyrocket tomorrow. If grocery supply chains hit horrific speedbumps as some are predicting, gold may equally well plummet. No way to absolutely know which, much less pin a specific number on it.

To again paraphrase both Warren Buffet and Nick Murray - "The most dangerous and most stupid statement an investor or advisor can make is 'this time it's different'."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts