Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been into diving for a while and I've always gone and gotten the stainless steel knives for the purpose. Well, a friend recommended a knife and I decided to go pick one up...

The knife is made by Ocean Master and is called the Titanium Beta series. I picked up the drop point model and when it came in yesterday, I was very impressed. I went online and bought the flat tip version for the boat and the tanto version as well to see how it felt. The knife is incredibly strong, very sharp and the most important thing... very, very light.

I think I'm going to have to recommend this knife for anyone who is into diving or needs a light weight but incredibly strong blade. Check them out on the web! http://www.oceanmaster.com

I can't wait to go diving this summer!

Mike

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thats a mighty handsome knife. Have you run it through any tests yet like whittling wood and cutting a bunch of rope? Is it relatively easy to sharpen?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet... I've only had it in my possession for about 18 hours. I'll play around with it tonight and see how it does.

Mike

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Beta Ti is some seriously kick ass stuff, expensive too. Apparently it responds much better to heat treatment than regular Ti but it's also a serious PITA to work with. I think I've seen those knives before and if so, I was surprised at how inexpensive they were compared to the high cost of the raw material.

awesome stuff, congrats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts