Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met with some cousins for lunch at the Folk's house on Sunday. I was showing the guys the Armslocker site and one of them said I should come on down to the country and hunt some coyotes with them.
Now I haven't hunted since before I went to the Nav in '73. Something in the nature of my duty in those days just took away the desire. But, I am somewhat intriqued with the prospect of hunting 'yotes--maybe because they are predators?
Cuz uses an SKS, so I know that round works well. Should I decide to take him up on his kind offer, will Tennessee require me to obtain a license, and should I go with a Winchester 30-30, Bushy Ar 15, Sar 1, or JLD PTR-91?
He says most of his shots are closer to 200 yds than 100.
SatCong

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Congrats on your chance to go 'yote hunting. Can't say for the license but I would choose the Bushy AR 15.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I'd suggest the AR as well. Flat shooting, low recoil, and plenty for coyotes @ well past 200 yards.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope I can see 'em that far off, the only optic on my Bushy is a Hakko panoramic--sighted for 100. I guess I'll hold a smidge high!
Thanks for the feedback,
SatCong

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
We call them in and many shots are well within 50 yds. Varmint calling, to me, is one of the most fun types of hunting you can do...

Have fun!

:devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts