Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nephew was over this last week-end with two new gun's. A S&W Shield in .40 S&W, and a Ruger AR 556 MPR. I don't really care for striker fired pistol's or the .40, but I was impressed. The pistol had a decent trigger and it came on target well. It's his duty pistol, so he shoot's it a lot. He said the only malfunction's he has was when wearing gloves and the slide rubbing on the glove. The Ruger also shot well with a 2X power optic at 100 yards, I never thought to ask what optic it was. The down side was the rifle has a really noticeable muzzle blast. Much more than my Colt AR 15's. It actually tore some paper target's up that were about 18" from the muzzle and a few inches to the rear. I'd hate to fire it indoors, but I'd hate to fire any rifle indoors, I'm deaf enough as it is. It was good to see him taking his shooting seriously and hearing he like's being a LEO.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I wonder if they'd consider a " slightly enlarged format" Shield??? Think" additional 1.5 inches of barrel,additonal 2-4 rounds of grip frame while still single column".. keep it flat,easy to hang onto and with better sight radius/ballistics? And you could use the larger magazine in a standard sized Shield...sort of a " Tupperware S&W 3906"...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts