Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 pages of letter paper, turned sideways, is 11" by 17", pretty fair simulation of a man's torso,(the part that's worth hitting with a bullet, anyway) 9" paper plates do a fine job of making you focus on the chest, and 6" paper saucers are fair at simulating a head shot.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I also use old legal size file folders unfolded to full size with a sharpie drawn "X" from corner to corner. I guess this is called "Office Expediant" targetry.
SatCong

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
What is the saying - 'shoot small, miss small'. Train small, that way when the SHTF you are more likely to hit a bigger target.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay good. Another thread of value. The continuous forms computer paper (torn apart) makes great targets.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Glenn Bartley said:
What is the saying - 'shoot small, miss small'. Train small, that way when the SHTF you are more likely to hit a bigger target.
"Aim small, miss small."

I like the paper plates/saucers myself.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
thanks for the quote.......

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Personally I like 10" steel lollypops for my regular practice target. For one they don't have to be patched, just touched up with spray paint and secondly they are far smaller than the NRA D1 targets that I shoot in most competitions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts