Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
BTW, most people carry a more robust version of a first aid kit. It's not hard to keep a wound from getting infected. The whole "scratch by a .22 will kill you, SHTF" is pure squat.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The No4Mk4 Turnbolt, bolt-action, detachable magazine feed rifle with 60 degree bolt rotation. Rear locking bolt with detachable bolt head. Safety catch locking both firing pin and bolt. Military style two-stage trigger. CNC milled receiver of military-ordnance steel. Hard chrome lined chamber and barrel. Stock of premium teak with steel buttplate and sling swivels. No accessories included with this model. 25.2" barrel with an average weight of 9.1 lbs. Around $875 list, they wouldn't give me dealer pricing and stopped answering any of my questions when they realized I wasn't an FFL.

The No4Mk4T Same features as the No. 4 MK4 except upgrade to walnut stock and glass bedded target barrel (not chrome). Accessories included are picatinny rail, M1907, leather sling, waxed canvas case, spare magazine (M14), front sight adjustment tool, and a 4x32 scope. .308 caliber with a 25.2" barrel and an average weight of 9.5 lbs. List approx $1100.

M42 Tactical Match rifle in .308 caliber with New Guinea Mahogany stock and extra cheek piece. Blue printed action with glass bedded heavy Match Grade barrel (not chrome lined). Includes the same accessory options as the No.4 MK4T in addition to a wooden carry case. .308 caliber with a 27.6" barrel and an average weight of 8.2 lbs.

Not sure the list price on these, I lost the little sheet they sent with the catalog.

These are NOT C&R rifles, so you'll need to do a transfer with an FFL.

Tristar Arms M10 rifles

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i think part of what was being argued is at rifle range, if you are taking aimed shots, a bolt gun is not much, if any, slower than a semi. Try it, put soem targets up, preferrably reactive ones, at 300 yards or meters depending if you're "culturally diverse" or not and time yourself on HITS with and AR and an Enfield. If you know how to properly handle a BA battle rifle, you'll find your times won't differ much between the two. As the range increases, the semi advantage decreases.

Now if you want to argue using a rifle at pistol ranges, a semi will be faster, yes, of course it will. But shooting at 10-25 yards, doesn't "prove" the AR is better than any other semi auto, it's just constructing a strawman argument to prove a bad premise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.