Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
It has been my experience that the Enfield is far faster into action if you are in sub zero temperatures for weeks at a time. The M16 might be a great firearm for jungle and urban use but up north, it leaves a lot to be desired! Always use your firearms within their limitations.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Pretty pathetic response gunkid/erika. You have obviously limited ability at longer ranges, therefore if the balloon ever goes up a skilled marksman at 400 meters when he sees you, he will own your a**! Much like someone who has planned for survival at sub zero temperatures. If you don't think that we own what we shoot or talk about, lets play a game. I'll show my toys, then you show your toys!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Gunkid/erika, I've shown mine, time for you to show yours! Or are you willing to admit that they are fantasy guns only?

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
I sure like to thinks so! And 2 of the 3 were carried by Canadian soldiers in the 40's and early 50's

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Magnum , I've been offered a Rock Island Springfield from a very close friend. I just don't know where i'd find the time to shoot it.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
The AR might be fast but at sub zero sustained temperatures, the Enfield works, where the AR doesn't. Personally I'd never live where it hits -40F without one.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Ron, try to get it to work after you've been out in the bush for a week in those temperatures, humping over hill and dale. Taking it out for an afternoon on the range during the winter is not a serious reliability test. My M16 in Alaska was degreased then sprayed with dry graphite, sorry, didn't cut it.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
During my 1st trip to Alaska during the tourist off season (February), the enemy force were the Eskimo National Guards men up there. They made mincemeat out of us, surprisingly the were issued Garands at that time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.