Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am AR-less right now, but the last one I had was a pretty incredible piece of equipment. I set an 18 inch HBAR flat top Bushy up for close-mid range IPSC three gun. I used one of the new Holosights, AK-47 muzzle brake, and a JP trigger. I got pretty decent with the darn thing. andy talks about shooting 2 targets once each at 25m in 1.3 seconds. I know his credibility sucks around here, but I can do that, believe it or not. At 10 yards I can hit them twice each in under 2 seconds from the low ready. He also talks about shooting 4 targets at 10m one shot each in one second. Those are only .33 transitions and I can do that too.

If you haven't had the chance to see someone like Taran Butler, Mike Voight or Bennie Cooley rock with an AR you are missing out. It's damn near frightening. In fact, on the typical IPSC pistol course, those guys can shoot the COF faster with an AR 15 than most folks can shoot it with their pistol. Then again, most folks are C class shooters. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Count me as one ignorant POS right along with andy. My competition AR's all shot minute of angle or less. Out to 200 yards I can shoot very accurate aimed fire much faster than any one can hope to manipulate a bolt. Common sense seems to have been replaced with the deep seated hate you all have for gunkid. Yeah, he's one goofy guy, but an AR is a faster battle weapon than an old Enfield.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey guys, I missed the deleted threads. I thought the discussion was about bolt vs semi at under 50 yards.

Garand:

That's what I was wondering. I switched to FP10 because the RCMP said it passed their tests for cold weather use. Then again, that's police work with a well maintained gun going from hot to cold. Probably not -40 either. Under arctic fighting conditions, I doubt anything but a bolt gun would be serviceable. Even then, I wouldn't be suprised to see extractors crap out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.