Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mm "really potent" :) 6" 460 rowland is 165 grs, 1600 fps, 400 ft lbs, 930 ft lbs. 160 momentum factor vs 260 momentum factor, and 50% greater bullet diameter. Any way you slice it, the 9mm is just practice rd, not even much of a load for a POCKET pc, much less a belt gun.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I can walk into Walmart and buy a box of really lethal 9mm hollowpoints.

Try that with .460 Rowland.

I think the whole point you're missing is that a 9mm Golden Sabre in the chest will kill a human just as dead as a .460 Rowland and the recoil makes it a whole lot more manageable, especially for rapid repeat hits.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
By the way John, in rrecent tests for a law enforcement agency Winchester 147 gratn jhp bullets expanded to o.62 inches

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Not really DJet, he never really did think the 9mm was a good round. See, he wanted to take a pistol that can't handle +p, much less +p+ or NATO-spec ammo, and chamber it for a higher-pressure cartridge than NATO-spec 9mm, that does not exist in any commercial loading with bullets that flat don't exist. Maybe he was afraid to post openly about how to create hand grenades?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Is this really the way you want ALL threads to look on this site?

Keep it up. No skin off my butt if you all waste your time sniping at each other.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
mm "really potent" :) 6" 460 rowland is 165 grs, 1600 fps, 400 ft lbs, 930 ft lbs. 160 momentum factor vs 260 momentum factor, and 50% greater bullet diameter. Any way you slice it, the 9mm is just practice rd, not even much of a load for a POCKET pc, much less a belt gun.
being able to put multiple rounds on target matters more than momentum. 9mm is a proven killer, is very controllable - I'd rather shoot a 9mm weak hand than a .460 rowland. I'd also forget the rowland for anything other than an interesting gun to mess around with. I wouldn't turn one down, but I'm not going to go out and buy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts