Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I've been gone a long time with illness, but I'm doing much better now. Is Gunkid still here? He had so many names I can't remember most of them. Wasn't one of them Andy? He's really rude but sorta fun, no? Is he still here?

1911sr :)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Gunkid (AKA Andy) is currently a guest of the penal system. Great to have you back in the forums. And yes, he would have been great fun to mess with. Perhaps he will return when he gets released.

·
Registered
130 Posts
With any luck, 'John Melvin Davis' of Norman, OK - most often aka: 'Gunkid', '223 fan', 'Andy', 'Hardin', 'LuckyInKentucky' or any of dozens of other internet monikers - will never get out of prison. He is a really nasty guy, highly argumentative, frequently insulting, occasionally self-delusional, and rarely, 'fun to mess with'.

Here's his booking picture -

And, here's a partial list of the many many internet names that Davis went by: Sweaty, Andy, 223 Fan, Gunkid, GK, The Man, Hardin, Kiddo, Kiddo Blue, Yessir, Doddi, John Davis, JD, Colt 45, Amanda, (No, I don't know why?)(Ed.) Big & Bad, (or some derivative thereof) Eyeballz, Snowballz, (or something else ballzy) Metoo, Shucks, Makit, QD, Murphy, Maria, (Again, I don't know why?)(Ed.) Lawrenceof, Dispatch, Okedoke, Billydee, Yeahme, and (Finally!) Tobe.

Davis is credited as the inventor of the, 'tactical wheelbarrow'; and, if memory serves me correctly, he once posted information on how to cook and eat, 'long pig'. All in all, just a charming fellow.

They say it was his former wife who finally turned him in after he raided her home and a storage locker, and then stole: several guns, ammunition, gold coins, jewelry, and money from her. :rolleyes:

PS: He'll, probably, be away for awhile. This is, at least, his second federal gun charge. The first is for the illegal manufacture and sale of silencers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I didn't know what had become of him. GK and I have a long history. If you enter "1911sr" in the search you'll see a lot of it. He really didn't like me at all. I called his bluff more than once and he didn't like it. :) He always thought I was a guy. I believe he thought that Mike was me. Or I was Mike. Or something. Mike is Hardrock.

1911sr

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Once again I answered PM before reading posts. Gunclod is in federal pen in Arkansas until mid 2010. When he gets out he will be a broken old man living on his federally funded SSI. He will probably intentionally break the law so he can return to his prison "home". Life is just too tough outside. I doubt that we will hear from him again.

RIKA

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was so very mean. I should feel sorry for him, but he really had no heart at all.

me :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
He was so very mean. I should feel sorry for him, but he really had no heart at all.

me :)
He was mean... that is why he was so much fun to get going...I have to admit, that deep down inside, I do feel sorry for him.. because one day, he will realize that he missed out on quite a bit because of his actions... and then it will be to late..

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
We each of us make our own choices. In his case, his choices have guaranteed him a bed with clean linens, clean clothes, three square meals a day, and fairly comfortable shelter. These are things that are not guaranteed to any of us law abiding folks. OTOH, we can leave our homes at will, can go out in public without guard, and don't have to worry over much about Bubba slipping up behind us.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I know what you mean.....I used to alternate between,anger,contempt and pity for the guy.I mean for ME to look on someone as seriously messed up....well you get the idea

·
Registered
675 Posts
I used to mainly look at him with pity,... and feel kind of bad for him,... then see if I could get him going for some entertainment...
Just think how much fun we could have if he came back!!!!LOL

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yeah, I never got to invade GK's fantasy world. It sounds like an assault wheelbarrow full of fun to get him all wound up.

Actually, his assault wheelbarrow was one of his better ideas. You take off his mounted Ma-Deuce or twin suppressed CAR-15's with the AA sights and you would have a fairly capable transport platform. It ain't a game cart, pack mule, or capable BOV, but it would double or triple your carrying capacity over packing your gear solely on your person if nothing else was available.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gunclod was fun but he got old quick. I used to look on him as my own personal stress toy. All I had to do was ask a logical question or make a comment that didn't exactly agree with his thinking and he would go BALLISTIC!

Ahhh, the good old days. :devil:

RIKA :)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
He did seem really easy to set off. It really was a shame too. I have gone through a good many of his posts. Several had the makings of good threads if the author hadn't gotten in the way.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Just checked the prison locator, he will be released 01 Nov 2010. I'll bet you he will be back within days. It should be an experience, he is 59 now.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
John Boy just took the wrong turn in life. When he got out of the military he had an Honorable Discharge, a law enforcement MOS, and the GI bill. That meant free schooling to qualify for a LEO career and around $350.00 a month tax free money. Nothing to sneeze at in the early '70's. He could have worked this into a really good career. It worked like a charm for me. But John chose drugs and crime. I can't feel sorry for him. He chose his path. It was a lot of fun catching him in lies and ridiculous theories of survival. As far as the wheelbarrow thing goes, try it over rough ground, or even uphill on a paved road. You can go farther, easier with the load on your back! John was an inmate we alway's referred to as "He's doing LIfe on the installment plan."

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
He is a really nasty guy, highly argumentative, frequently insulting, occasionally self-delusional, and rarely, 'fun to mess with'.

I am so glad that I stumbled into this thread! I read some of Andy's nonsense and wondered what the heck happened to him. He got so quiet, so quickly I figured he bowed up at someone and they shot him!

I really didn't know he was of mature age. I figured him for about 17-18 from his behavior!

Before Arthur-itus and old age caught up to me, I used to run the streets pretty regularly. We used to say "The more they blow.....the less they know." about street fighters. Andy is way up on the scale of "blow."

Hope he enjoys the iron bar hotel.

Have a great Xmas, guys!

Flash

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
You know GK might not have been entirely stupid after all. Unlike many in this country, he has three hots and a cot.

Still, it is that "you can't leave" part that would bother me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I worked in the Texas prison system and there's a lot more to it than just being locked up. I realize that he's in a Federal lockup but the fact remains that his romantic interludes with women are at an end for as long as the Feds choose to keep him incarcerated.

I'm old but being without a "booty call" for a couple of years would take all of the adventure out of it for me!

In the male prisons, "doing your own thing" is almost universal. Employees who think an offender is taking care of business but is covered and discrete will look away. Some CO's, however are real hard butts and will write a major case for it. That is a major charge and if they get more than one case, it can result in a "sex offender" tag even after release...... for life!

Most of the fights I witnessed in the male lockups were from being disrespected, gang activities or debts.

The percentage of men who "switch" is very low. Those who do change and make it obvious are transferred to units that specialize in that behavior.

The women, however, will "switch" in a heartbeat! My lady works in a female unit and she says it's very common for the women to switch while locked up and switch back when they're released. They call it "being gay for the state." Virtually all of the fights in a female lockup are over "she" and "shim" issues.

I hope this provides a little insight into Andy's new life. Walking into a unit like that will really rock your world!

I hope whatever Andy did to get into trouble was worth that. If he was in a foul mood before.............................Jeeze.

Flash

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Here is an idea, built just 3 hour drive from me. I use their version of a guncart for Cowboy action matches.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hi 1911sr, I joined this site just after you left, but got to see some of your slams on GK. I'm glad you're feeling better and are back on the site.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts