Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Time flys like an arrow, but fruit flies like a bananna. :D
1911sr is my Sister and this is her latest picture. These days she's reloading her daughter. Her diapers, that is. :D

Latigo

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
As a grandparent, its so much fun to give them back after they have done a number! That being said, there was nothing funnier than when my oldest daughter tried to teach me how to change a diaper. Boy she has a short memory!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It wasn't that she has a short memory. It is just that she was so focused on getting hers changed that she didn't notice or much care who was doing the changing.

Given some of the dirty bombs that my nephew deployed when he wore diapers, I can't much say as I blame her.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Just checked the US Prison locater

1. JOHN MELVIN DAVIS 84034-012 59-White-M 10-26-2010 FORREST CITY FCI

He's only got 50 days left. Will he share his new found knowledge with us?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I'm not sure I want a greater understanding of anything he will know more about than we do.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't suspect he has any NEW experiences that I need, or want, to know about. Gunkid's posts and ideas were mostly off-the-wall type, but every once in a while, when he dropped the mad dog persona, a decent idea/thought would come out of him. Might not work as he advertised, but maybe worth exploring.

DC

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
While most of his ideas, left a lot to be desired, he did stir up a good conversation that brought out everyone elses ideas.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Just checked the US Prison locater

1. JOHN MELVIN DAVIS 84034-012 59-White-M 10-26-2010 FORREST CITY FCI

He's only got 50 days left. Will he share his new found knowledge with us?

Should be intersting to see if he shows back here again ...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
34 Days and counting......Any bets on how long it'll be till he's back on here after that?? I THINK we were the only ones that didnt ban him forever.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Damn....THERE is a name I have not thought of in a long time.....John Melvin Davis.....a Blast from the past.
Well ,as crazy as he could be;he DID stimulate site activity.Hope he can keep it together this time out and away from the Federal lock up.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I hope he can keep it together when he gets out also..

·
Registered
397 Posts
His ramblings about a super-bullet in a .460 Rowland actually got me to tinkering with some cast bullets - not per his "design", but still different than the usual bullet. My ideas worked, just not very well, but, since I was modifying molds anyhow, I tried another idea that worked out fine - for a very specific purpose. It's a long way from a .460 & demented ravings, but those set me out to experimenting.

DC

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Damn....THERE is a name I have not thought of in a long time.....John Melvin Davis.....a Blast from the past.
Well ,as crazy as he could be;he DID stimulate site activity.Hope he can keep it together this time out and away from the Federal lock up.
He Can't Grip...it's Compulsive for him..... It may not be this year, or even NEXT year, but he'll step on his dick again, and one of these days he'll get shallow grave with nothing but his prisoner number marking it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Andy's threads often yielded good ideas and sound information before they devolved into name calling and threats and this is always deleterious to sharing information in an educated manner. While his writing periodically appeared to reveal sociopathic qualities, many intelligent people took the bait, ran with it, and ultimately sank to a similar level. Andy offended me periodically like he did others but I do not relish the fact that he was compelled, for whatever reason, to break the law and I genuinely hope that he is able to "keep it together." Perhaps he can even learn to communicate in a manner that is more congenial.

Some of the things I can recall Andy touching upon were valid. The Star BM is a decent little pistol and I have a couple of them over the years. The Beretta 950 BS is quite accurate for what it is and I have disposed of snakes and other vermin with mine. I like the fact that it takes up very little space, even with a couple of hundred rounds of ammo, in the console of my truck. The Beretta 21-A offers similar qualities in .22 LR vs. .22 Short. The little Phoenix HP-22 is not bad at all for a pistol that sells new for $150. They work fine and are capable of three to four inch groups at twenty-five yards.

In any event, I wish Andy well, I genuinely hope he turns over a new leaf, and I hope that he finds prosperity and contentment with life. Should he choose to post here, and it is permitted by the powers that be, I hope that everyone will give him the opportunity to share as long as he does so in a civil manner.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
1. JOHN MELVIN DAVIS 84034-012 58-White-M 10-26-2010 DALLAS CCM

22 Days to go and he is now in Texas! Will they survive Gunkid!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Getting out just in time for Halloween.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Latest update of release UNKNOWN!

1. JOHN MELVIN DAVIS 84034-012 58-White-M UNKNOWN DALLAS CCM

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Everyone has to LIE about me, so that they can sound smart. :) I never said ONE word about mounting ANYTHING on a wheelbarrow, other than a metal shield against riflefire, and I said THAT as a joke. All the morons who CAN'T pick holes in anything ELSE I say had to pile on whatever crap somebody ELSE said about it. There's not a damned thing inaccurate or undoable about my 460 Rowland load. It's perfectly feasible to get a deeply hollowbased, 70 gr, pure tin swchp to 2300 fps in a 4" barrel. You just don't have enough experience to realize that it's so, that's all. Like the moron who INSISTED that 10 grs of Bullseye, under such a bullet, would blow the gun up. Wrong, it barely cycles the slide. The hollow base makes for a lot more powder space,and the very lw bullet starts moving so easily that pressure buildup is minimal. The case webs show no more bulge than factory R-P .45 ACP rds. All fired in a fully-supported barrel, tho.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts