Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Gunkid's CAR-15

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
What make is it? I'm curious. There are AR-15's, Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, etc. all quality, and there are real junk knock-offs. What make do you have? By the way, I was at a gunshow Saturday. Your Phoenix Arms was there, asking price $110.00 NIB. Also, five or six 9MM Star's (none chopped), take your pick for $120 to $140.00. I'm not knocking lower priced gun's, but I'M not going bet MY life on bargain basement gun's.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
that's cause you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Low cost doesn't necessarily mean low quality. The Stars are great guns, the HP22 is a bargain at that price. There's NOTHING close to the HP22, in the way of external hammered, SA pocket .22's, much less that have a readily available, longer barrel, that's easily shortened and threaded for a can. The fact that YOU don't know about such things doesn't make the gun a poor choice. It just makes you IGNORANT, that's all.

#4 ·
When you buy from a hooker, quality isn't important, you take what you can get!

#5 ·
He's already stated that reliability isn't #1, he'd rather have a gun that's easy to shoot (because he can't shoot worth a damn) than one that is 100%. Once you've thrown reliability out, and you accept 10" groups at 10 feet, just about any gun will do, even a "Leroy special").

#6 ·
andy said:
that's cause you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Low cost doesn't necessarily mean low quality. The Stars are great guns, the HP22 is a bargain at that price. There's NOTHING close to the HP22, in the way of external hammered, SA pocket .22's, much less that have a readily available, longer barrel, that's easily shortened and threaded for a can. The fact that YOU don't know about such things doesn't make the gun a poor choice. It just makes you IGNORANT, that's all.
You didn't answer the question. What MAKE of CAR-15 do you own?

#7 ·
andy said:
Did you read my post or is your comprehension just poor? I know you got your GED in prison, so you can read to a sixth grade level. What I SAID was, I wouldn't buy a cheap gun, I didn't knock them. But your post has made me change my mind. I'm going out this minute and buy a Raven Arms .25. What kind of "can" should I use? I've got some soup and dog food cans laying around, but how do they fit? I have an aeorsal cheese can I'm just finishing up (Damn, Cheese on the key's) should I just stick this plastic end in the muzzle? I am just in complete awe of your knowledge.

#8 ·
There was a time gunkid used to tell us that he was a college graduate! Mind you at that time his spelling on the computer was horrible. His spelling has gotten better throughout the years.

#9 ·
R U shure Garand?

#10 ·
Oh yes, 5 years ago, he was almost completely illiterate! He has improved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.