Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my Gustloff-Werke K98 built in 1943. Its not as pretty as my S/42 but it makes up for uglyness with accuracy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gustloffwerke bcd

Interesting side note: Gustloff manufacturer had satelite arms production at Buchenwald (Gustloff-Werke II). This SS-supervised camp assembled bcd coded G.43s. They also had some association with V-2 production. Darrin Weaver's book (Hitler's Garand) has a discussion about Buchenwald and K98s are mentioned in passing. The factory (located outside the walls of Buchenwald proper) was destroyed by the RAF in Aug '44 by precision bombing.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Now that is a beautiful piece of kit. About 15 years ago I had a nice 1941 BRNO K98 with the original blued finish (parkerizing started in 1942). One of those firearms that I regret selling. What powder are you using to reload for it? I had great luck with W748, I was getting 3 rd groups of 7/8" at 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not much for reloading Garand. I have a bit of 8mm around here. I had purchased a couple cases of Romainian 8mm 154gr FMJ and I also use some czech made military stuff. I also buy turk 8mm in bulk. If i need reloading i know a retired guy that will do it for cheap. I buy my .38 & .357 reloads off him at the range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts