Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
piles of bolt actions, lever actions, single shots, shotguns, etc. within a month of shtf. :) Anybody stupid enough to only have such obsolete jokes as his longarm aint going to be hard to take.

ONE subsonic hit, no idea where it came from, in an hour or a day, the "hittee" will be either dead or so debilitated that he can't function. Non functionality, shtf, will MEAN death, even if it's "only' from infection. Same thing, your gear still ends up in the hands of your killer. So he has to ALSO silently shoot your wife or buddy, or kid, so what? It's EMINENTLY arrangable.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You go killing my friend or a child and you will enjoy an extremely painful death. You totally underestimate the people here and that will be your undoing since there are a lot more like us than like you.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I could see this on someone lightly clothed, but anyone with armor, maybe even a couple layers of clothes @ 50 yards would be tough. Impact would tell you direction of shooter. If the guy has gear on it would be even tougher. Not sure about the .22 conversion kit, as in how long it takes to go back to .223 vs. just an upper swap.

If the guy is a real threat, meaning he's armed, then you'll have yourself another weapon to use or barter with in short order. In that case, would rather have a faster stop. Sonic crack is non directional, so a hit wouldn't matter, you're only noticed with a miss but even then the semi makes quick repeat hits easier.

Don't know why not to just stick with the .223 most of the time, short of game or if you're running low on primary ammo.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
some people seem to be upset easily by written words

guess it's easier to stay centered in the midst of real agression?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how many HAVE concealable body armor? 1 million, MAYBE? how many will have enough sense to take it with them, WEAR it, if shtf? Not something I'd worry about much, if at all. If really worried about it, aim for the head-neck, ass-thigh, whatever you can see-hit, at your given distance. caliber swap takes 20 seconds, and very little movement, if you are prone, using cover, and have the parts right there, anyway. There's really very little reason to use the 223, from ambush, if you know what you are doing, but if you SEE the guys carrying 223 rifles, you KNOW that they have SOME ammo for same, or they'd have ditched the guns, eh? IN that case, putting a 223 bullet in ALL of them (up to 5 guys) would result in your having 223 ammo to replace what you just used up. LONG before I"ve used up HALF of my 84 rds of 223, and half of my 200 rds of subsonic lr ammo, I"ll have LOTS more 22lr ammo, and probably lots more 223, and CERTAINLY lots of other caliber rifles and ammo, shotguns, .22 rifles, pistols and ammo for same, boots, sleeping bags, backpacks, shelters, socks, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
how many HAVE concealable body armor? 1 million, MAYBE? how many will have enough sense to take it with them, WEAR it, if shtf? Not something I'd worry about much, if at all. If really worried about it, aim for the head-neck, ass-thigh, whatever you can see-hit, at your given distance. caliber swap takes 20 seconds, and very little movement, if you are prone, using cover, and have the parts right there, anyway. There's really very little reason to use the 223, from ambush, if you know what you are doing, but if you SEE the guys carrying 223 rifles, you KNOW that they have SOME ammo for same, or they'd have ditched the guns, eh? IN that case, putting a 223 bullet in ALL of them (up to 5 guys) would result in your having 223 ammo to replace what you just used up. LONG before I"ve used up HALF of my 84 rds of 223, and half of my 200 rds of subsonic lr ammo, I"ll have LOTS more 22lr ammo, and probably lots more 223, and CERTAINLY lots of other caliber rifles and ammo, shotguns, .22 rifles, pistols and ammo for same, boots, sleeping bags, backpacks, shelters, socks, etc, etc, etc.
if it is SHTF, why does the armor need to be concealed? If you’re holed up during the day and only moving around at night, why does it need to be concealed? If you are armed, why does it need to be concealed?

if it is SHTF, I will be in full battle-rattle.

also, your subsonic 22 is neither as quiet or as lethal as you think. If I were counting on subsonic ammo, I’d be using 300 blackout. It is far more effective than subsonic 22 ammo.

you really are special, aren’t you?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
piles of bolt actions, lever actions, single shots, shotguns, etc. within a month of shtf. :) Anybody stupid enough to only have such obsolete jokes as his longarm aint going to be hard to take.

ONE subsonic hit, no idea where it came from, in an hour or a day, the "hittee" will be either dead or so debilitated that he can't function. Non functionality, shtf, will MEAN death, even if it's "only' from infection. Same thing, your gear still ends up in the hands of your killer. So he has to ALSO silently shoot your wife or buddy, or kid, so what? It's EMINENTLY arrangable.
not guaranteed to be true. People have survived far worse since the beginning of time, before modern medicine.

The exact same can be said of a hit from a 30-30, 30-40, 270, 30-06, etc. etc. - even if you KNOW where the shot is coming from. in fact all of those rounds are for more likely to inflict massive trauma than your subsonic .22 ever will.

you also fail to understand that all those obsolete weapons can engage you from well beyond the reach of your subsonic .22

the silenced .22 doesn't make you invisible or invulnerable.

but, you plan on doing whatever it is that makes you happy. Others will plan on staying alive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts