Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
so damned much that if I had a dollar for every mutt that CLAIMS to do so " a lot", I could RETIRE.

I am a FANATIC about ccw,and buddy,it SUCKS to have even an alloy Commander with you, 16+ hours a day, every day. Once you find out about the realities of justifiable civilian self defense,build REAL ability, and know how to have real ammo in a front pants pocket auto pistol, the belt guns will nearly always stay at home, or at most, ride around in the car,sit in the drawer at work, etc. They are just a big PITA, that's all. Cops can't WAIT to hang up that damned thing when they get off duty, and they carry that big belt pistol about HALF of the time that they are out of bed. If they carry at ALL the rest of the time,it AINT a big,heavy belt pistol. That's the facts of the situation. A 6" long, 19 oz pocket pistol, if it's loaded right and used with skill, offers a LOT more protection than a 1911 full of ball ammo offers.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Actually I prefer 230 grain "Montana Gold" JHP. You should try it, oh ya, you can't own a gun, or borrow a gun, or touch a gun, or handle ammunition. Its really too bad that you screwed up your life gunkid. Then you only have yourself to blame.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I've been carrying constantly since the 80's and, IMHO, the front pant's pocket is a miserable way to carry a pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I carry and 98% of the time it is on the hip in a strong side holster. Right now I carry a Glock 19, but for years all I carried was Colt Border patrol, then a S&W model 66 (4 inch barrel), then a Beretta 92SB and then a 92FS and at least 2 spare mags. They were pretty big revolvers and pistols but I carried in a strong side hip holster at almost all times. I have carried a more concealable pistol in my pocket, and there is no way that I would ever recommend that over carrying in a strong side hip holster for your normal carry in a tactical or non-tactical situation unless there were special circumstances because of which you could not carry like that. Of course if you are an undercover cop, or something like that, and need to carry there are other ways, but even then I prefer in the belt - which as I recall was Andy's prefered method of carry just about two or three days ago. Oh no that’s right that method of carry was preferred by 223 Fan, not by Andy. So I guess those screen names belong to two different fellas and not to one guy like I had thought!

Well I mean they would have to be different guys wouldn't they, just look at what 223Fan wrote, and it sure doesn;'t agree with what Andy just wrote:

HOT weather, too. Lw Commander is plenty concealable under a shirt, IWB. I usually carried without a rig.
Boldface added by me for emphasis.

He also wrote:
I prefer the T shirt out, navel carry, or the button up shirt, tail IN carry, with the gun at the navel, but it requires that the front of the slide have HEAVILY rounded corners (for comfort when sitting down) and properly developed abs and pecs, or concealment is a problem.
Again boldface added by me for emphasis.

Hmmm, that sure doesn't sound like Andy in essence saying that the belt guns stay home (or at least not in the belt) and the real defense gun is in the pocket - does it:
Once you find out about the realities of justifiable civilian self defense,build REAL ability, and know how to have real ammo in a front pants pocket auto pistol, the belt guns will nearly always stay at home, or at most, ride around in the car,sit in the drawer at work, etc. They are just a big PITA, that's all.
Again boldface added by me for emphasis.

So I guess, after all, they they must be different fellas even though most of us, well me anyhow, thought those names were used by one person. Boy were we, or at least me, ever so silly to have thought that, heh folks? Must be different fellas, just has to be :bird: ...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
For day to day carry, especially if it's hotter than the blazes and you're wearing shorts all of the time, a very comfortable way to carry is a shoulder holster. It's also more comfortable when you are in a vehicle a lot.

It may not be Dodge City enough for some people, but you'll tend to always have your weapon with you.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yep, I always have the SP-101 with me. Usually, there'll be a full-sized pistol also. You know, a Gov't model, Ruger P-90, GP-100, S&W 629. . .carried IWB, usually appendix carry. Is it uncomfortable? Yep. Tough sh!t. Some people MUST cater to their comfort, and carry the smallest and most useless POSes made. You know, like Hp-22s. There's always a trade-off. I trade comfort for capability. Works for me, you don't like it, don't carry the way I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts