Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at 6 ft. At six feet, if you are standing still, it takes you .50 second to lunge and slash or stab me. It takes me .30 second to react, jump back, and shoot you. :) A knife, against a gun, better be a BIG surprise, from 3 ft away, or you are going to get shot, if the guy knows much of anything at all about such things.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Just saw this thread.

JD said:
It takes me .30 second to react, jump back, and shoot you.
That's assuming that you are facing directly at your attacker, your pistol is perfectly accessible (like no jacket, etc in the way), that you aren't surprised, that you are as fast as you claim you were when you were young, or that your arthritis isn't acting up. You then still have to hit the attacker without blowing your own toes or gonads off in the adrenaline rush.

Ask a cop sometime how dangerous a sudden knife attack at close range can be. Knives can also go through kevlar vests.

You need both a firearm and a knife. Hard to skin a deer, gut a fish, or build a shelter with a pistol.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
He waffles almost as much as komrade kerry. Not long ago he was telling us that we're better off with a knife/club/whatever than a gun at 6 feet.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so a lameassed cop cant handle such, so what?

like I SAID, IF you can make the knife a SURPRISE, you MIGHT cut the guy, but you will PROBABLY get shot for your trouble, too. I"d be REAL happy to have any of you bozos TRY me with your Bowie from 6 ft away, me with gun out and ready. :) In 1 second FLAT, I can react and put 4 rds of 460 Rowland Split Noses into your chest. :) That's 12 wound channels, 3200 ft lbs. if you "think" you are doing ANYTHING after taking ONE of those to the chest, you are a VERY ignorant person.

There's no waffling here. BRING your knife, and die TRYING. :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
There's no waffling here. BRING your knife, and die TRYING. :)

No buttmunch, YOU said YOU could take a gun armed man at 6 feet with a knife. Now you're saying it can't be done without getting shot.

Waffle on.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
JD said:
I"d be REAL happy to have any of you bozos TRY me with your Bowie from 6 ft away, me with gun out and ready.
The point is John, you may well not have your gun 'out and ready'. Odds are you won't if you are surprised. If you don't, there's a good chance you may get something like the 7" blade of a Recon Tanto shoved into your chest, neck, gut, or back.

Many a gunless man has improved his armaments inventory using such tactics. You yourself may be put in the position of the guy with a knife.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No point is, being a ex-con or whatever gunfake is, he won't have his gun. So if he is in an elevator and a punk whips out his blade then gunfake will be gun-gutless after the punk is through with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts