Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back in 1973. Had to have a front sight fully3/4" above the top of the barrel. Big deal, 250 gr Jhp and 10 grs of Unique. :) Probably a whole 1050 fps. Monstrosity, so I traded it on an M18 .22. Had M60, 2" .22 Kit Gun, 4" M19, wore all 4 of them loose in one year, so I dumped the revolver Idea, basically. Never did get as good as I was with the 1911, or even close.

I did have about a year of playing with .38 Chief as a pocket gun, in 1983, but the times on the target, the results on animals, the big lump in my pocket, the superior performance of the locked breech 380 soon saw the revolver sent where it belonged, to some plinker who didn't know any better.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Anybody who sits in his lonely room and mindlessly snaps revolvers over and over for months is going to ruin a lot of guns. BTW the K38 sight conversion was pretty neat. You were dumb to get rid of it but you wouldn't know quality if it bit you.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
When used within its limitations a revolver is still a viable defensive handun. A man with a loaded revolver still has at least 6 opportunities to end your life, especially if your chopped "wondergun" firing its "uber" bullets fails due to ham fisted butchering by someone with minimal gunsmithing experience.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
I think that "lump" in his pocket was that he was just happy to see some guy.
I think Hasher is right about the lump in NUTTY JOHN'S pocket ...

And, the model 60 Smith and Wesson pistol was not available in 1973, sooo Scarecrowm your story doesn't hold together again.What a dumer asiel.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I believe the Model 60 came out in the early or mid 1960's; could be wrong on that.

edit:

SMITH & WESSON MODEL 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country Of Origin: USA
Designation: Revolver
Cartridge: 38 S&W Spl
Production Date: 1965

Assuming the source is correct, it was introduced in 1965. (www.nasog.org)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
John in AR said:
I believe the Model 60 came out in the early or mid 1960's; could be wrong on that.

edit:

SMITH & WESSON MODEL 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country Of Origin: USA
Designation: Revolver
Cartridge: 38 S&W Spl
Production Date: 1965

Assuming the source is correct, it was introduced in 1965. (www.nasog.org)
I could be wrong on that. However the popular Los Angeles area gunshop I worked in couldn't get one until 1975. During that era, almost all S&W production was being directed to the Viet-Nam conflict.

That being the case, NUTTY JOHN still didn't have one. :punch:

Hey NUTTY JOHN, when the BATF confiscated your firearms, did they give you a receipt? :punch:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's '73 or so. I was in collage when I read in Shooting magazine Skeeter Skeltons article about the M60, and it was a new gun then.

Guess gunkid is wrong again.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hasher said:
I think that "lump" in his pocket was that he was just happy to see some guy.
Gunkiddy doesnt have the proper equipment to have a "lump".

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
9055 said:
No, that lump was a turd that he carried around for identification.
The SCARECROW gets no respect ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts