Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
saves about $10 per lb, and has about 4x less salt in it than the commercial stuff. My walmart slices the beef for cheap. :) I snack on it 3x per day, 3 ozs at a time. that would have been $10 worth of commercial jerky. 240 calories per snack, and only about 10% fat. it's the ideal snack. Have to keep the other 2 meals to 600 calories each, or make sure to get in a couple of hour's fast walk that day. Normally, I walk an hour a day.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
saves about $10 per lb, and has about 4x less salt in it than the commercial stuff. My walmart slices the beef for cheap. :) I snack on it 3x per day, 3 ozs at a time. that would have been $10 worth of commercial jerky. 240 calories per snack, and only about 10% fat. it's the ideal snack. Have to keep the other 2 meals to 600 calories each, or make sure to get in a couple of hour's fast walk that day. Normally, I walk an hour a day.
What kind of dehydrator? Got a picture? How long does it take?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I know one thing in the past, not sure of right now, Walmart's beef had been pretty well "pre-salted" and infused with so much salt/sodium it tasted like it didn't need any more to be ready to make Beef Jerky.

Just thin slice season it with other stuff and dry it.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wouldn't surprise me. the amount stuff that any place has to throw away, especially restaurants and deli's, EVERY day is enough to make you puke at the waste. So of course they try to reduce the amount lost, by any means possible.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
No way would I buy meat from Wal-Mart!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts