Arms Locker banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Online class

Where might I find information on this class, looks like something I'd like to do.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi, loki. Just go to www.1911patriotcop.us. Also, you can probably just PM the instructor, who posts here occasionally as Captain Eagle (his post appears just above yours in this thread).

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, I went through the pistol once more before sending to Dave, and while smoothing the beavertail just once more, I rendered it inoperable! Crud! Installed another - PROPERLY this time - and test fired today. First three rounds only made it about 1/2 way from the mag into the pipe, as a result I believe of lack of lubrication. After that, 10 mags went through without a hitch, including the first mag. So, it's done. Sent it off to Dave for grading and finishing. I'll miss it until it comes back - we have spent a LOT of time together over the past few months!

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another completed Patriot! I did the logo on a CNC mill and knocked the instructor's socks off! I was in the 2005 class; one of the best classes I've ever taken....period!

·
Registered
22 Posts
We liberated that font like right now and that is what we use for the website, too. Roy was happy to let us have it. He built a fine gun that went to the Shot Show and was admired by hundreds of gun people. He represented the Class of 2005 and did a fine job of it! Thanks again, Roy! I have some great pics of that gun in my hard drive!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey, I recognize that pistol! I've seen it on the web before and liked it so much I even saved a few photos of it! Isn't that Patriot 55?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Jon,
Yup, 'tis P55 in all her glory! Got some photos of some of my other builds.

Castle Defender I built and hand-checkered the front strap with Dave's help. Bead blasted and parkerized it in my garage.

And my Gladiator 9mm wide body I use for 3-gun competition. First time I shot it in a match I had no misses, a clean match! Bead blasted and parkerized in my garage also. Milled front cocking grooves and sight dovetails with my bench-top mill (NOT the CNC mill).

I have a hobby CNC mill at home that I like to engrave personalized logos on the slide, like I did with P55. Also, the "Defender" and "Gladiator" both have custom-built/custom-fit trigger shoes that I also made on my CNC mill so there's no wobble. Posts for both of these builds are on Daves Place under Pistolsmithing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
See what I start with these guys? The Art of the 1911! Boy! I love those fonts that Roy does! Also the guns are not bad either!

Woof woof woof...............

21 - 28 of 28 Posts