Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my old RCBS 90200 gave up the ghost. I've had it since the late 90's iirc and I've rebuilt it once.

If course now the parts and the whole tool are scarce.

So are alternatives.

Groan damn "Murphy"!

Guess I could dust off the priming feed system on my press. Although the last time I bought replacement primer tubes they were complete POS's.馃槕
And the main reason for the purchase of the hand Priming Tool.

Registered
Sorry, no help here. All I use are the priming system on my lee 1000鈥檚 and occasionally their ram-prime unit (when using a single-stage press); never have tried an off-press priming tool.

Registered
I have one of the older Lee priming tools, one with round tray, seems to work ok. Most of my stuff gets primed on the press, ether the Stars or the Lee turrets. Lee makes a decent bench primer but I have never used one.
Call RCBS they might be able to help with parts, nice people to work with.

Registered
I busted the pivot pin on the handle of my RCBS RS3 press before Christmas, I really need to get off my butt and order a replacement.

Registered
I use a lee hand priming tool, works great.I鈥檇 recommend it if you can find one

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Well in absence of new tools I did a couple of things:
1.) Sent an email to RCBS customer service inquiring about buying the part that I think is the main culprit. The pivoting handle.
2). I staked the handle where the pivot link fits into it so it won't wiggle from side to side as much.
If the later works it may get me by until I can get something reliable going.
I got +/-3000 more cases to prime just guessing without adding up all my reloading projects I have components for.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Got one coming in the mail for free!
Third time RCBS came through for me!
I had offered to pay but nope!
I don't have a log book on how much priming I've done with this but it is pretty well over what I'd call the point of average wear and tear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts