Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done several searches, but didn't find any mention of hard cases for the 50BMG. I'd like a rugged wheeled cade for my Viper. The problem is the length, it's 521/2" from recoil pad to tip of muzzel.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
bro!, all i can recollect, is a PACKIN' CRATE and a APENDANT 'dolley' CART!

i wish 'you' the best in your quest! :dgrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brass Hammer. I've contacted the major case makers, and haven't had any luck so far. I may have to have a custom case made.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
check out photography supply houses too, many lighting kits come in fairly large, well padded cases....

:devil:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not really. The shorter barrel detracts from longer range accuracy and power and most take down model rifles aren't accurate at all. What is the difference? Well, My McMillan has a 36 inch barrel and I can hit a human sized silouette target at 2500 yards with no problem. Cut that barrel down to 20 inches and I'll be hard pressed to get 1500 yard shots. Now, if you do a break down gun where the barrel is removable, forget anything past 800 yards. You won't get the accuracy.

This is why most people consider the .50 for anti material use only. They are balancing shorter barrels and loss of accuracy against a military use. Nothing against Ronnie Barrett, he's good people but his rifles are not that accurate, yet he has a very lucrative military contract because he promoted the 82A1 as anti material...

Mike

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have aStarlight case and it is freaking huge? Will that fit it?
I am nto at my place to measure it right this second.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts