Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Christ's sake Rich, we told you about that last year. :dgrin:

Oh yeah, and we were there first. He followed US there. They were just smart enough to contain him, rather than lose their whole board.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Never let it be said that Rich doesn't have a double standard. 2 weeks ago, I brought a comment over from Teuf's board. It was deleated and I was told that what happens on other boards isn't to be dragged here! Right.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Rich Z said:
Hardcore gun groupies in their nest
No one has ever made a secret that we post on other forums or that we discuss things like GK. So whats the big deal? There is no hypocrisy.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Rich, while I really do appreciate what you are trying to do, it still comes down to trolling - no?

Baiting people with a post designed to elicit an emotional response? I think you could have acheived what you wanted without doing it in an inflammatory manner.

Kinda makes it difficult to chide everyone for trolling, when you use trolling to do it.

Not a slam, as I know you are frustrated, but step back and wordsmith these types of posts. Otherwise it looks like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I freely admit, I'm probably the least qualified to post this, as I have been in the fray as much as anyone.

Though I have tried to avoid the swearing and out and out name calling to some extent. (I prefer brute sarcasm)

Just an observation, not meant to ruffle feathers. Don't read anything further into the post.

:devil:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually it was your buddy Stillwell who sent me a copy of that thread. I just thought it was damned funny, some of the things you guys were talking about there. Pretty imaginative stuff.

Do you all think what you are trying to do is all that difficult to figure out? How many other sites have you guys crashed and burned trying to bully the admin into doing it the way YOU want it done?

As for a double standard, I pulled off all the rules, remember? I really don't care what you all do here. Which also gives ME the freedom to do whatever the hell I want to do as well. Not that I couldn't anyway, here on MY site, but I was trying to lead by example. Obviously a lost cause, so I have chosen a different tactic. Give you all exactly what you apparently want, and certainly deserve.

I don't even have a TV hooked up, but this certainly suffices for my daily dose of entertainment. This situation you guys are involved in would probably make one hell of a TV sitcom. Probably more along the lines of a bunch of drunks following another drunk from one bar to another as he gets tired of the atmosphere when you all find his latest haunt.

So, simply answer this question, please: Why did you all come over to ArmsLocker from Patriot Network anyway? That's a REALLY tough one to guess.......

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Rich Z. asks the question: "Do you all think what you are trying to do is all that difficult to figure out? How many other sites have you guys crashed and burned trying to bully the admin into doing it the way YOU want it done?"

Rich, honest answer. I have been around for quite a while and have NEVER seen any of these guys (or myself) crash and burn a site or even try to.

Would you care to tell us just what facts caused you to draw this conclusion? How about just the names of the other sites that we have burned.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magnum88C said:
Christ's sake Rich, we told you about that last year. :dgrin:

Oh yeah, and we were there first. He followed US there. They were just smart enough to contain him, rather than lose their whole board.
That thread was started on 10/24/04, so how could you have told me about it last year? Pure bullshit, in my opinion. Read the topic of that thread. You guys are out looking for him. Then you pursue him to whatever other site you find him on.

Again: What brought you guys to THIS site?

RIKA - I calls them as I sees them. Look what you all are trying to here. My question to YOU was "how many other sites have you done this to?" Did you browbeat the owner of Patriot Network into toeing the line to your demands as well?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I came here, because people I like are posting here. Pure and simple.

I also admit, it is amusing to read posts like "the .308 has no range advantage over the .223"

I guess I could ignore a post like that, or I could point out why I disagree. I choose to disagree.

I get a kick out of responding to idiotic posting like that. I freely admit it, sometimes the challenge is deciding why I beleive a post is idiotic. If nothing else, I have to think about it. (Unless it is so off the wall that no thought is required.)

As far as I can recall, I don't think I comment much on the IPSC or gunsmithing threads because I don't have anything to offer.

I do think, however, that responding with why I disagree with something is useful, it's called a dialogue. After getting insulted and threatened, excuse me if I respond with calling someone a moron or an idiot.

I also expect to get my ass kicked if I post something like "a .22lr is the best combat round available and anyone who disagrees is a stupe."

So, what does this mean? It shouldn't mean a thing. There really shouldn't be a lot of controversy.

I find it interesting that you have opted for totally free speech, and then criticize everyone here for practicing it.

If it is ok for someone to insult someone, then it should be ok for them to respond in kind.

Granted, there's a bunch of animosity. From what I have experienced first hand it's deserved, well earned. The problem is it usually gets taken too far.

If, on the other hand, it is NOT ok to make the insult in the first place, then it is NOT ok to respond in kind.

But, you can't say it's not ok and then have no consequences - where's the disincentive? Put the onus on the mods, and all you do is make them busy.

Adopt a policy where there are consequences to unwanted behavior and it will probably cease.

Only one person has failed to acknowledge that their behavor is wrong in any way, and why should they? There's no consequences to anything they do, in fact, it's clear they think they are innocent and your dissatisfaction is directed at everyone except them. (I believe its directed at everyone, with few exceptions)

Rant off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I asked back in June why anyone would let one poster cause such maykem on a site, I was told that "it brings in hits" and it was his site so he would run it as he saw fit. I still puruse this site, now for the laughs. Don

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Rich Z said:
RIKA - I calls them as I sees them. Look what you all are trying to here. My question to YOU was "how many other sites have you done this to?" Did you browbeat the owner of Patriot Network into toeing the line to your demands as well?
Its your perogative to call them as you see them. I reserve the right to speak up when that vision is distorted and wrong in my opinion.

As to your question "Did you browbeat the owner of Patriot Network into toeing the line to your demands as well? The answer is not only No but HELL NO. The owner of the site along with the mods arrived at that answer on their own based on GK's rude and insulting behavior. BTW, I am my own person and make no demands on anyone nor do I allow them to be made on me.

Oh yeah. We haven't harmed any other site that I have knowledge of ... but I already said that and you have no proof of your allegation.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Rich Z said:
That thread was started on 10/24/04, so how could you have told me about it last year? Pure bullshit, in my opinion. Read the topic of that thread. You guys are out looking for him. Then you pursue him to whatever other site you find him on.

Again: What brought you guys to THIS site?

Real easy, we told you about the GK forum, not a particular thread, a year ago.

Second, I already explain the suggestions were just that, and they were made by people WHO MODERATE the boards that have dealt with GK successfully. But you thought it was people telling you what to do. Well, here's to your "independence". BTW, you were also warned that exactly this would happen.

As for why I came here, it LOOKED like a nice place, but no activity. Even when a topic was posted, there'd be weeks with no response, so I only checked in periodically. Check the sign up dates, I was here a good bit before GK or the rest of these guys, so go tell your pet convict that HE'S causing the proble by following ME around eh? By your standards, he's been following me right along for several years. As all the forums I post and Mod on, he's come by (several times, trolling) long after I was already there. So, looks like he's a Magnum groupie, not the other way around.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I was a magnum groupie - it was the ferrari and TC's chopper that did it for me....oh, never mind.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
You liked my car eh?
Too bad it was really Larry's (Manetti)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts