Arms Locker banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks Rika...I still can't figure out half of why they got so much "love" for me...basically I go to work.I go home to sleep &walk my dog...oh yeah;and on occasion run with her in Pepperell if I don't feel like going to the gym....real outlaw stuff,huh??
I found out a bit more in the last 9 months...the Chief HATED being overturned on the LTC re-issuance issue.Combine that with the fact that I was locke dup on false charges in Worcester a few years back (2002-2003) before getting found not guilty.Because the complainant against me died afterwards(natural progression of long term prescription opiate abuse/addiction)and he got the idea that I "got away with it".This,despite the fact that the orgiginal responding officer in the Worcester matter testified on my behalf at the FLRB hearing in Chelsea, Ma. last summer.
Well I gfuess that proves KDPIPES right in that there are decent cops;there just seems to be a concentration of @ssholes where I'm at these days.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Had my licensing petion hearing(petition for judicial review) today to start the process of trying to get back my LTC.No ruling yet,but it does not look promising.We had a "visiting " judge-one filling in for the summer schedule.Basically the judge let the Chief use as reasoning for my "unsuitability" the charges aginst me (2002 to 2005),.Ironically,he ahd just told someone in the preceing case;that "This is America....innocent until found guilty"...and then proceeded to alllow the Chief to cite cases with no convictions.Its not over,butI am tired of this.
Oh,and th eicing on the cake.I am suspended at work for checking the mail and reading the news/current events on this forum and others-they are worried about "perceptions"I am not fired;I go see the district manager tomorrow.My account manager pulled for me(long time,reliable,professional,etc etc.)so who knos?It might work out.But I amay not be posting for a bit.ALl here feel free to contact me through my personal email-when i get to the library or something;I will check in.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Seems like bad things keep coming your way Gripper. All of us here are pulling for you. Hoping that you get yourself and your lovely Dobie into friendly territory very quickly.

Best

RIKA

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Still no ruling from the district court...if they don't apply common sense;I'll set up a hearing in the Syaye Office (FLRB) again.They overturned the chief before(last summer0.RE my job;I found out the following:L
Someone from the school bypassed my account manager and went straight to District Management.From ther it flowed downhill.Suspiciously,when I was leaving DM last Thursday;his parting question was "What is the chief of police's name in your town?"I can't prove a thing but I think I know who made a call to someone at the school and started the whole "comfort issue" thing.Thats OK,I'll work it out.
I check in with DM tomorrow to find out if and where I work next.In the mean time;I went to another interview Monday.
hanks for all of your prayers and support.BTW,the dog still lets me back in the house.Hell,she likes seeing more of me.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ruling issued today. No suprise,the judge sided with the chief. Monday I talk to the attorney to figure out next step . My case is unusual-the FLRB already overturned the Chefh.Charges weree brought against me and after 8.5 months;dismissed. No conviction,yet I am "unsuitable".Over in Lawrence Ma;Iraqui Veteran D. Cotnoir was found "not guilty" on the charges resulting from his defensive shooting;yet the Chief there just revoked HIS LTC....it looks like the Chiefs in this state are trying to nullify any relief that CH 150 granted from the existing gun law(Ch180).
As far as my job goes,I talk to the guy that ruyns the floaters this afternoon.Hopefully he is not going to just offer me unnacceptable options in the hope that I just go away.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Gripper by the sound of the terms account manager and floater you sound kind'a like you work for a security company like I did.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sounds to me that Mass. is full of a--holes in charge and bigger a--holes who want to be. Moving would be your best bet, after you get found "suitable" again. Lots of luck.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Gripper- Ever try and contact the Rutherford Institute? They might be able to provide some help. They are kinda like a conservative counterpart to the ACLU.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Sorry for the typo,I meant for there to be a ? in the ( )....hopefully they are not going to use the old "at will employee' heading to cut their overhead(my payroll) and hold up the "comfort level" issue as a fig leaf.
I am goin to have to appeal the District court's ruling.I am not convicted ;yet I am ":unsuitable".The FLRB could grant relief if I was declared unsuitable for a conviction that was not disqualifying before the implementation of Ch 1809,but soimehow cannot help me now that the case against me was dismissed.WTH,It was nice to be a citizen again for a few months.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Well,so far;I am being sent back and forth between the clerk of court's office at District;and the clerk at Superior.Each seems to think that the other is the venue;yet neither is sure.oh,and there is a time limit to appeal-they aren't certain if it is 10 days or 30.Cost? Maybe someone who knows will be back tomorrow.
What hurts,is that a guy up in Portsmouth NH wants to hire me on at the shipyard sight.I was about to move into NH back in November right before I got the letter from the chief revoking my lTC.I HAD money to move;but the court and legal cost of the past several months cleaned me out ...it feels like 2002 again.
on the other hand,I just got called by the Boston based office of a company that needs a site supervisor in Billerica ,Ma.I have to try and get there tomorrow by 3:00pm.Gonna be a busy day.
So ,how about that hot weather?....

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Dang, that really sucks. Indeed, add to it that the heat wave is hitting and it doesn't make a good mix. Hang in there! I guess all of this will just make freedom that much sweeter when you do leave the occupied zone.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Yeah Krept,its a wierd state.There is no clear remedy if you are NOT convicted of anything;but have been accused in the past.In a perfect world;I'd get some quality time with that special civil servant outside of anyone's juristiction;but unfortunately it ain't a perfect world.I think I will crash the nexr town meeting just for giggles some night ;maybe bust his balls in that setting.Be a lot of fun if he escalates.....nah,I am going to do it somehow in the legal fashion.He is a rotten ,pice of work;but he's the piece of work with a badge.I can't look at the guy without wanting to hit him until something breaks,though.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts