·
Registered
10,279 Posts
One handsome weapon, SatCong.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That's a finr looking piatol and great looking magazines and poches Sat.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Is it worth paying the $150 for Colt to send you a certificate showing original sale? Might be interesting. I have a few guns I may do that with myself some day.

I've always been partial to finger groove grips on just about any gun I shoot. Just feels better to me then straight sides.

I have to dredge up my 70 series Gold Cup one of these days for a photo.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Colts historical letters are really a ripoff. Dad has several that he paid $25 and $50 for and the $50 ones were as little as 10 years ago when Martin Huber did it. Prices haven't risen that much. The books are all there and a teenager could be paid $7 per hour to do the research. The letters are written on a computer using fill-in the blanks.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Well that depends. If you are selling a gun, which one do you think would bring more money? One with a letter of authenticity, or one without? Maybe you would even get more money for the gun from that letter then it cost you for the letter. Depends on the gun, and the buyer as well.

Heck I see guns going for much more money just because they come with the original box.

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the slide, which, according to my 'smith may date to WW I is over an essex frame, so the pedigree is, shall we say, "dubious". But, I like it, and I thank you-all for the pleasant responses. What can I say, those grooves fit well in my hand, other's results may vary!
SatCong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts