Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heck, now with the AWB about to sunset, maybe Barrett will make something along the lines of a Beta-C Mag for the M82A1. Now THAT would make my day!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
41mag said:
What I meant to ask was if anyone has yet made a conversion for a .50 to shoot linked machine gun ammo?

I would think that a box magazine hanging too far under the rifle could really make it unwieldy.& that a Beta mag would have to be pretty heavy to do the job.Also linked belts have all those kool little pieces flying around as they come apart.

·
Registered
611 Posts
41mag said:
What I meant to ask was if anyone has yet made a conversion for a .50 to shoot linked machine gun ammo?

Were those banned by the AWB? Still legal, or covered by something else?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
84 C4 said:
Were those banned by the AWB? Still legal, or covered by something else?
Well,IIRC .50 BMG cal rifles were just coming on the market ten years ago.& none were repeaters.So,I'd say that they are most likely legal-just non-existent.Also,if you've piles of $$$ you can buy linked belt 50's at a gun show.It's probably just a matter of time before someone makes it happen.

I do seem to remember seeing pics of a semi auto M2 somewheres'.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, there is (or at least was) a semi-auto version of the Ma Deuce available. I forget who it is that offers it for sale. And it does fire link belted ammo. From what I can recall, along with the mount it weighs something like 120 pounds. Might be interesting to have it mounted on your front porch to discourage solicitors, but I don't think it's something you would be hauling around much to take shooting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
TNW sells semi auto M2's but I think that they sold out. I think they are selling semi M3's at present time, it's a lightweight (air craft) version of the M2.

You should be able to link up the biggest belt for it you want. Here in Kali you can only link up 10 rounds at a time.

If you designed a beta type mag for the M82, weight would play a factor in keeping it attached to the rifle. I'm guessing that it would weigh quite a bit even if you kept it small. It would look kinda cool with a 50 round (beta type) drum attached to it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Now I think a vertical magazine a'la Bren would be kool.Might be a bit awkward to use a scope though.

I wonder if a Shrike could be scaled up...

·
Registered
24 Posts
If it was made by the same people that are Mfg. the shrike, you might be asking yourself, "will I ever see it"? :bird:

You'd probably stand a better chance of Birdman making you a beltfed M82 then the shrike people. :duck:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
50 Shooter said:
If it was made by the same people that are Mfg. the shrike, you might be asking yourself, "will I ever see it"? :bird:

You'd probably stand a better chance of Birdman making you a beltfed M82 then the shrike people. :duck:
:roflmao1: :roflmao1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts