Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got this gun this past weekend from a gun show. :madeuce: ut its a christmass gift. so i cant touch it until then. so my questions are. where can i buy the suppresor and laser sight at? will any scope fit on the back mounts once i remove them or do i have to buy special mounts to add a scope? and next will this fit on the gun and still allow me to use a scope? i want to add a flashlight in there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31681&item=7106346568&tc=photo

this is my first post so im sorry if these questions sounds stupid. i am a college student and im pretty broke. so if anyone got parts for this gun they can sell me post pics and a price. thankyou in advance

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'd do a web search giving the gun model and add "assecories". But I never had any experience except shooting one my cousin owned for awhile. Was not bad of a gun for the money.

Also they are supposed to have good customer service so I'd ask them about parts.

Have fun with it when you get it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Jeff's Shooter Supply out of Trussville, AL advertises suppressors in Shotgun news. You may want to try them at (205) 833-3705.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
That scope mount was for an air soft or paint ball gun, why would you want a probable piece of junk like that on a real firearm?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You can order any High Point accesories right from them.(I'm assuming that by "suppressor",you mean flash hider?)

Mine came w/a quasi Weaver type mounting base.I swear I almost threw it away when I saw it.Though chinzy,it does work well.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR DIS-ASSEMBLY.DO NOT ASK ME WHY! :dunce: :wavey:

It comes apart pretty easily.You'll just need a few METRIC :dunce: wrenches.

I'd sand off the "flash" from around the seam too.Your cheek will thank you.

The dang thing is pretty accurate too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
TODD 3465 said:
Also they are supposed to have good customer service so I'd ask them about parts.
They have about the best CS I've ever seen. Smashed a rear sight on one of their pistols, e-mailed them to ask where to order one. Two days later UPS showed up with a new assembly, along with the two tools needed for removal/replacement/adjustment. Real common tools, screwdriver and a metric allen wrench, but I reckon they wanted to be sure I had them. Can't beat that service.

DC

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
So do you have a .22 rifle, and have u shot it a lot?

If not, I suggest that you get one. 12c a shot get a bit steep if you shoot much at all, for a typical college student. Are you able to get a pistol? That is the gun that needs the most work on your part, both because it's a lot harder to master than is the rifle, and because you are a lot more likely to have the pistol than the rifle, if you ever actually need a gun.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
sentence edited out Sound suppressors are regulated like fully automatic weapons are. Don't get yourself in trouble. Do some research on the law's and what you can and cannot do.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
[COLOR=Red]edited out[/COLOR. I never said a word about cans to this guy.

***************************************, why should he listen to ANYTHING you say? My being a felon doesn't have crap to do with my advice. According to <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>heads like you, if I say 2+2+4, YOU claim it's wrong. Well, nothing else I say is wrong, either. This guy can make up his own mind about who is what, and what is correct

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I think we've all missed something. No one has proven Terry to be a liar (simply making a claim does not constitute proof.).

Plus, your insults don't give you any credibility.

However, there IS one person here that has been documented as lying. With proof consisting of their own posts in some instances, and picture in others. Plus independant sources of documentation.

For anyone curious about this, they can go to patriotnetwork, in the GunKid forum and check out the sticky thread at the top. Then they can truly make up their mind about who's who and what's what...

:devil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just bought one of these little guns at an estate sale and can hold 10 shot 1.5" groups with it at 100yards. I'm just wondering how tough the little rascal is.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Rowane said:
I have just bought one of these little guns at an estate sale and can hold 10 shot 1.5" groups with it at 100yards. I'm just wondering how tough the little rascal is.

On another forum I read that one guy has over 1k of +P+ through his w/o a hiccup.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've seen LEO photos where they were doing car stops for escaped prisioners and one of them had a High-point 9mm rifle. From the ones I've shot they all worked fine, but the trigger is mushy. Being a fixed barrel you can get pretty good accuracy out of them, and unlike gunkid's wet dream POSCAR, you won't kid yourself about it's power.

What I hope Highpoint does is make the rifle use Smith or sig or glock magazines (15 shooters!) and a good speed safety instead of that stamped piece of metal. Then I might get one myself.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Gunkid, your jealousy of others is showing through.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If by suppresor you meant flash hider than those could be legal depending upon where You are, but if You meant silencer those are heavily regulated, and controlled by the Federales, and will cost many times the value of your weapon.
How much weapons experience do You have? I personally would recommend a .22lr to the novice in order to build good shooting skill, and habits as cheaply as possible. Rifle open sights work just like pistol open sights, only more stable, so stick with the long gun until it becomes easy, then buy a .22lr pistol to learn how to aim before wasting money on Centerfire rounds. The money saved will be a considerable amount and the skill tranfer over when moving up the caliber scale. You also will find that somethings make more sense after You learn how to do it right. .22lr comes as cheap as 1.00$ for 100rd or 11.50$ for 550 rd in a bulk pack at Wally World. Centerfire ammo will cost at least 5X that amount and a miss only waste time and money.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
hiccups don't matter with practice guns. In fact, you need the practice at INSTANTLY clearing malfunctions. I'd sure take a gun that malfunctioned 1 x in 100 shots over one that didn't have enough POWER for the job, 1 time in 3 shootings. The odds are 30 to one that I'd be ahead of the game. Especially with the pocket pistol, where the FIRST shot is the one that has to save you if luck is not going to be the main determinant of your fate. The odds of a cocked and locked SA failing on the first shot are at LEAST 100,000 to 1, ya know. the DA first shot is MANY TIMES more likely to misfire. I'll TAKE the 1 in 100 chance that the next shot will be a malfunction, cause guy number 1 is going to have3 holes in his chest, and be unable to do jack squat. :) I aint HAPPY with a gun that malfunctions that often, and I'd try like hell to get it to be more like 1 in 1000 reliable, but I'd sure never trade off 600 ft lbs of power to get 200 ft lbs that was perfectly, a million shots to 1 malfunction reliable. No way that that makes sense. Hit him LOTS of times, and STILL fail to stop, that sucks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts