Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I might as well increase the thread count by 100%, so....

After spending as much money on holsters as I have on guns, I finally settled on a Milt Sparks VM-2. It is by far the most comfortable, and best crafted gun leather I have ever owned.

Does anyone have a holster to recommend for IWB carry?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't use IWB's, but I have heard nothing but praise for Matt del Fatti's work. I'll try and drudge up a link when I get home. I might not have time, though as I have company coming tonight. A google search should find his site or you can go to www.parkcitiestactical.com and do a search in the "Cult of the P7".

·
Registered
605 Posts
Holsters..........

I use Galco leather. Thumb break for the .45 and open top for the Mustang, both belt loop style. I have a short waist and have some trouble finding a comfortable rig. I've been considering something like a Fobus injection molded paddle style. Anyone have similar experience.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use a Galco Royal Guard. However, I'll be switching to a C-T.A.C . in the not to distanct future.

The C-T.A.C. has the advantage of being comfortable, adjustable, tuckable, and not looking like a tumor growing on your side.

G

·
I favor Kydex, for several reasons

It keeps sweat off of the gun,it's faster to draw from, it doesn't deform or wear out. I make my own, since no one is ever going to see them,and I want the placement and the angle "just so". You do have to pad the "flesh" side, for comfort. I greatly prefer front pants pocket rigs, tho. If such a gun is loaded properly, it can be a far better manstopper than is the 230 gr .45 jhp, that's for sure.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
i got a bianchi ranger nylon holster and belt a few yrs ago. i said on another forum i don't know why in the 21st century guys still carry their guns in animal skins. then somebody pointed out what else are we supposed to do with leather after the hamburger is taken out. made sense! i do like my ballistic nylon stuff though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering if it would be possible to conceal
carry a 4" brl, .357 mag revolver?
With the colder weather coming I wonder if a shoulder
rig would work ok under a bulky coat.

Or would it stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I think the Scandium Airweight Smith & Wesson's would work fine. An inside the waistband holster covered with a jacket would probably be pretty inconspicuous. The good thing about a real lightweight carry gun is that you forget about it being there moreso than a big heavy hunk of steel. The less you think about it, the more natural you act about carrying a gun in public.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts