Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was packed with activity. First I teed off at 0800 and played 9 holes of golf, then traded in the golf clubs for my Vaquero's. After 2 hours on the range I headed out to a local recreational area to catch up on my reading and check out the bikini situation at the beach :). About 5 pm did a bit of grocery shopping then home for a spagetti dinner. Life is good.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Today was nice. Went and checked on the new house (12 days until we move in), and verified a bunch of items from the blueprints.

One of the subs was there, replacing tiles and re-doing grout. These guys were simply amazing. They were swapping out tiles that I thought were fine.

Spent some more time exploring around the new neighborhood - looking at the shops and resturants, etc in the area.

Then had a nice dinner and watched a little pre-season football.

All in all, a good saturday.

thanks for asking.

:devil:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Slept in late. Went gun-shop scrounging and scored my 1911 parts kit. Came home and goofed off the rest of the evening. Sunday is when I go blow the heck outta some paper bad guys.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Installed the new computer I bought Friday. Cleaning out the computer room. Filled 2 45lb dog food sacks with junk and more to go. Great fun but it had to be done. All in all a good Saturday because the new computer works great.

RIKA

·
Registered
720 Posts
A leisurely early A.M. followed by lotsa yard work for the folks, --mid seventies, low humidity, --best time of the year is the next two months, hereabouts.
Mama cooked, all ate too much.
Maybe a county fair tomorrow, maybe some range time!
SatCong

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Fairly boring. Assessed hurrican damage around the place. Didn't have any power most of the day. Went out to see if all the neighbors were alright, see if anyone needed medical care and couldn't call/get out. Then just cleaned up the yard and threw a lot of junk out afterwards.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I slept late.Looked @ my "to do "list.Gave up on it early.Later in the evening I got the cleaning bug & started cleaning the house.Still at it for that matter.:(.I sat in front of the idiot box last night cleaning last weeks range guns & picking this weeks oh,& loading mags.(my range is pay-by-the-hour.I hate wasting $$$$ loading mags @ the range)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
wastedthemorning, waiting to help wife's friend move a purchase. Wasted sunday helping another, elderly friend of hers move entire household. My knees are bitching.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Well Andy, at least you did something to help another person. Good.

RIKA

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Saturday was spent working on a list of "things" that needed fixing at my mother's house. (She retired to this state year before last when she turned 75.) Lives 1 1/2 hours or so from us.

- Telephone line had grounded out; probably some animal. Didn't fix the bad cable, as it's in a small crawlspace, and just feeds an unused jack in a spare room; just elimintated it at the demarc box. Rest of the jacks now work fine.

- Microwave oven had some controller problem; would shut itself off prematurely. Finally just bought her a new microwave; as $39 replacement price isn't worth blowing an entire afternoon, just to still end up with an old unit.

- Computer was acting up. Cleared out some junk, re-installed one program she uses a lot (and probably dinked up unknowingly), and seems ok now.

- Took her out to lunch in the middle of it all; then drove home saturday night when done.

Sunday was much the same, but working on my own "list". Loaded up the lawn tractor & pressure washer in the trailer & mowed and cleaned the rent house we recently bought and are renovating in town. Dragged a bunch of brush & limbs to the curb for pickup, etc. (Gotta get that thing done & rented out...)

Why do I get the impression my life is very different from John Kerry's "regular guy" existence he talks about...? :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts