Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Cross my fingers I've not gotten hammer toes.
Just Taylor's Bunions and not a just deal Rheumatoid Arthritis in my feet.
But I've probably gone over that before.

Today I have to take stock of what general purpose sand I have left. Much cheaper than #3 coarse sand and get back to work on a few projects myself.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Another gun sold; the Marlin Papoose. It was a neat little gun, but like so many, I just never used the thing. Including a simple 400-round bulk pack of .22LR in the sale with it meant that it ended up selling for nearly twice what I paid for it. I bought it probably 6-7 years ago and it was used when I bought it, but the thing had disturbingly little use; even still had the factory stickers on the stock when I sold it.

This makes either 25 or 26 sold in the last 1.5 - 2 years; not sure exactly. I confess I've also bought several in that same time frame; probably 4 or 5, so still going the right direction for downsizing.

I'm surprised the 1911 .22 conversion kit hasn't sold; it's been on consignment (with a brick of .22LR shells) for four months or more now. I really expected it would go fairly fast, thinking people would want to do some shooting without the crazy cost of .45acp ammo nowadays.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Another gun sold; the Marlin Papoose. It was a neat little gun, but like so many, I just never used the thing. Including a simple 400-round bulk pack of .22LR in the sale with it meant that it ended up selling for nearly twice what I paid for it. I bought it probably 6-7 years ago and it was used when I bought it, but the thing had disturbingly little use; even still had the factory stickers on the stock when I sold it.
View attachment 14059

This makes either 25 or 26 sold in the last 1.5 - 2 years; not sure exactly. I confess I've also bought several in that same time frame; probably 4 or 5, so still going the right direction for downsizing.

I'm surprised the 1911 .22 conversion kit hasn't sold; it's been on consignment (with a brick of .22LR shells) for four months or more now. I really expected it would go fairly fast, thinking people would want to do some shooting without the crazy cost of .45acp ammo nowadays.
Too many cool .22 handguns out there maybe? I bought five in the last 18 months. The AA kit and the CZ Kadet kit are worth the money, but the urge to buy a new gun just overwhelms me. PLEASE STOP ME before I buy again!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Too many cool .22 handguns out there maybe?...
Could be. I checked yesterday, and it’s still sitting there.

I got a couple new holsters set up on range belts, and fine-tuned the zero on my 9mm resolute upper, using the adapted 223 Pmags. Got a shipping email that says the resolute-specific lower is supposed to be here Monday, so that will free up that lower to go back on the AR it came from.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts