Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
181 - 200 of 372 Posts

·
Administrator
2,688 Posts
Cross my fingers I've not gotten hammer toes.
Just Taylor's Bunions and not a just deal Rheumatoid Arthritis in my feet.
But I've probably gone over that before.

Today I have to take stock of what general purpose sand I have left. Much cheaper than #3 coarse sand and get back to work on a few projects myself.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Another gun sold; the Marlin Papoose. It was a neat little gun, but like so many, I just never used the thing. Including a simple 400-round bulk pack of .22LR in the sale with it meant that it ended up selling for nearly twice what I paid for it. I bought it probably 6-7 years ago and it was used when I bought it, but the thing had disturbingly little use; even still had the factory stickers on the stock when I sold it.

This makes either 25 or 26 sold in the last 1.5 - 2 years; not sure exactly. I confess I've also bought several in that same time frame; probably 4 or 5, so still going the right direction for downsizing.

I'm surprised the 1911 .22 conversion kit hasn't sold; it's been on consignment (with a brick of .22LR shells) for four months or more now. I really expected it would go fairly fast, thinking people would want to do some shooting without the crazy cost of .45acp ammo nowadays.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Another gun sold; the Marlin Papoose. It was a neat little gun, but like so many, I just never used the thing. Including a simple 400-round bulk pack of .22LR in the sale with it meant that it ended up selling for nearly twice what I paid for it. I bought it probably 6-7 years ago and it was used when I bought it, but the thing had disturbingly little use; even still had the factory stickers on the stock when I sold it.
View attachment 14059

This makes either 25 or 26 sold in the last 1.5 - 2 years; not sure exactly. I confess I've also bought several in that same time frame; probably 4 or 5, so still going the right direction for downsizing.

I'm surprised the 1911 .22 conversion kit hasn't sold; it's been on consignment (with a brick of .22LR shells) for four months or more now. I really expected it would go fairly fast, thinking people would want to do some shooting without the crazy cost of .45acp ammo nowadays.
Too many cool .22 handguns out there maybe? I bought five in the last 18 months. The AA kit and the CZ Kadet kit are worth the money, but the urge to buy a new gun just overwhelms me. PLEASE STOP ME before I buy again!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Too many cool .22 handguns out there maybe?...
Could be. I checked yesterday, and it’s still sitting there.

I got a couple new holsters set up on range belts, and fine-tuned the zero on my 9mm resolute upper, using the adapted 223 Pmags. Got a shipping email that says the resolute-specific lower is supposed to be here Monday, so that will free up that lower to go back on the AR it came from.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Put three more guns out on consignment. The gunshop owner said he can’t get much in the way of revolvers currently, plus reminded me that with deer season coming up this would be a good time to sell off ‘starter’ rifles as well.

I took my Harrington & Richardson ‘Buffalo Classic’ in .45 colt, an inexpensive H&R Youth model .223 single shot with synthetic stock, and my old Smith 681 4-inch.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
I sold my S&W M625 this week, happy I made a $100.00 on it after 9 years I had it. With the amount of tire kickers these days making a profit on gun sales is a bit difficult up here. Yesterday I started my weekly shooting indoors for winter time. In the process of trying out some new loads in Unique, Red Dot & W231 trying to get a bit tighter groups from my "Original" Ruger Vaqueros in .45 Colt.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
😎🤙 Got the friggin pins taken out of my second foot. These pins resisted more than on the first foot and caused some bleeding when they removed them, but at least they're out. (I've spent enough time in this doctor's office over the last few months that the nurse & I have joked quite a bit with each other, and when she saw the blood on the floor she said, "what did you do???" like she was scolding a puppy that had peed on the rug or something.)

Still have some fairly minor bandages, but the pins are gone and in 2-3 days I should be able to start wearing a shoe on the foot again. That'll be very welcome. I've had one foot or the other gimped up since July, was walking with a cane until a week or so ago, and while neither one's completely recuperated yet, just being able to wear normal shoes again will be a major thing.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
😎🤙 Got the friggin pins taken out of my second foot. These pins resisted more than on the first foot and caused some bleeding when they removed them, but at least they're out. (I've spent enough time in this doctor's office over the last few months that the nurse & I have joked quite a bit with each other, and when she saw the blood on the floor she said, "what did you do???" like she was scolding a puppy that had peed on the rug or something.)

Still have some fairly minor bandages, but the pins are gone and in 2-3 days I should be able to start wearing a shoe on the foot again. That'll be very welcome. I've had one foot or the other gimped up since July, was walking with a cane until a week or so ago, and while neither one's completely recuperated yet, just being able to wear normal shoes again will be a major thing.
I am coming up on my operation soon. Now here's the kicker: My foot stopped hurting about a month ago. Yeah, now what? I went Pheasant Hunting last week and ended up with a 7 1/2 mile walk. Carrying a shotgun, ammo, and birds. No pain. I can cancel of course, but if it comes back I have to start the procedure from scratch. The VA takes care of all this so it's not a cost thing. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Nothing exciting, am in the middle of building 500 rds of downloaded .44 magnum for next years Cowboy matches.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Had some unexpected money come in, so ordered an inforce wml for my secondary carbine. Also finally able to wear shoes again, which is seriously awesome. Still swollen & still limping & gimping some, but just being able to put shoes on is a huge step in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
I am coming up on my operation soon. Now here's the kicker: My foot stopped hurting about a month ago. Yeah, now what? I went Pheasant Hunting last week and ended up with a 7 1/2 mile walk. Carrying a shotgun, ammo, and birds. No pain. I can cancel of course, but if it comes back I have to start the procedure from scratch. The VA takes care of all this so it's not a cost thing. Decisions, decisions.
Curious whether you decided to go through with it? I got my final bandages off 4 days ago and am very happy with the end results. Don't have full feeling in my toes yet and am still walking awkwardly, like I'm on club feet or hooves instead of normal feet, but still much better than just a week or two ago. Have what should be my final follow-up visit later this month. Don't know your situation, but I'm very glad to have it just about done with & definitely glad I had it done.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Curious whether you decided to go through with it? I got my final bandages off 4 days ago and am very happy with the end results. Don't have full feeling in my toes yet and am still walking awkwardly, like I'm on club feet or hooves instead of normal feet, but still much better than just a week or two ago. Have what should be my final follow-up visit later this month. Don't know your situation, but I'm very glad to have it just about done with & definitely glad I had it done.
i had to postpone it for a re-assessment. My Daughter, the CRNA, told me if it's not interfering with my lifestyle to have a second opinion before any cutting. She is the one that diagnosed :Trigger Finger" rather than the Arthritis I was first diagnosed with. My Primary Care Doctor concurred. So it's a wait and see at this time. I'm not afraid of the surgery, I've been down that road more than once, but I hate to be more or less an invalid for at least two months.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Had a weird moment this week at the local gun shop. They're a customer and they had us set them up so their bill comes due every December 1st; and typically we've worked a barter instead of cash payment. I walked in today to see if any of my stuff on consignment had sold (none had), and the owner told me he'd gotten his invoice and asked me what I'd like this year in trade, and I couldn't come up with a single thing. I have about two dozen less guns than I did two years ago, and there's still nothing I want to add. There was a ruger PC Charger there in 9mm that of course caught my eye, but fact is I'd probably never use it so I told him I'd talk to him later about it. I guess I've reached the point where toys tend to be more like baggage. May just trade out for rifle ammo or something. 🤔

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Down with the flu since Tuesday. Wife got the annual Flu shot, I didn't. She got the flu last week, my turn this week. I miss my younger days when this would only last 2-3 days.

• Sad
Reactions: BigEd

·
Administrator
2,688 Posts
Sorry to hear that Garand
Hope you get well soon.

Yesterday I turned 56 and went hog wild on the town.
Yeah right anyone wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn?😁
Just went to Golden Corral to eat, ate a few things I normally don't and shouldn't. Wild I know.
Then went to Bass Pro (formerly Cabela's)😑 I know reloading stuff is scarce but come on with the kids accessories they stopped carrying. Although the crisis speculation has a bunch of stuff marked up 2x-4x on Fleabay. Did come out with a new style MTM case box that surprisingly worked out to be sized for .300WM.
I thought well if wrong it'd work for .308Win or .30-'06.
New vs. old below. I think I'm going to like the positive locks like on their polymer ammo cans and it's got a hole for a padlock as well.
May actually come in handy at a public range you never know anymore.
New on left old on right.
Green Rectangle Gas Electric blue Plastic

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Getting colder here so I broke out the CZ 97b and Glock 21 my Winter carry pieces. I carry them usually in a Bianchi "Miami Vice" shoulder holster. Downside is it's so much slower than OWB. I decided too despite all my experimenting with Glocks, the SA Hellcat, and a few Ruger's that I'm forever sticking with the CZ P-01 for 9MM carry. That gun is just perfect for me. Deer Hunting this year was a bust. My Son was laid up with a back injury and I just couldn't see shooting anything that wandered in range. I had plenty of shoot able Bucks on the cameras, but none ventured near during shooting hours. My Son's FIL and his two Son's hit three Deer in archery season and lost all three. I kept my mouth shut but I thought that was pretty poor.

• Sad
Reactions: Garand and BigEd

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Found & printed sheet music for Joy to the World; should be able to learn it on the musical targets before christmas. Looks like a three-magazine thing if I counted the notes right; so a big part will be efficiency on the mid-song reloads. 😐🎅

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 · (Edited)
Got the "Joy to the World" done on the musical targets; Saturday a little over a week ago actually. This past weekend I spent what ambulatory time & energy I had (after helping my MIL with some things) working on the reloading bench area. Got the inline industries qd mount moved from our shop warehouse to the new bench at home, got the wall-mounted spare press holder attached to the concrete wall, and added an electrical circuit to the subpanel in the room to get power to the bench area for the brass cleaner. Fwiw, I really like the Inline Products quick-change mounts. When my old Lee Pro-1000 needed replacing, instead of paying for a higher end press like a 650, for less money than a 650 I was able to buy three new Pro-1000's; one each set up for 9mm, .38/.357, and .45 calibers. I don't know what they sell for now, but at the time they were just $189-$199 apiece. The quick-change press makes things real simple, and since the first Pro-1000 lasted over 25 years (using it for all calibers) these three may well last my kids' lifetimes. Spread out over three presses, it's not only quicker to change between calibers, but it also gives what should be more than a lifetime supply of replacement parts if ever needed; basically if necessary one press can be cannibalized to keep another running.

edit to add pic:
Property Wood Gas Flooring Kitchen

Still need to cut & mount the shelves themselves, get the pipe & misc junk put elsewhere & bring the rest of the loading-related crap home from the shop, but think I'm going to like it. Had no plans to mess with this stuff any time soon, but couldn't pass up the deal on the kitchen food-prep table when Woot had them on clearance. It fits almost like it was meant for this space.

181 - 200 of 372 Posts