Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
What Covid vaccine did you get? My entire Family got the Moderna, two shot's and a booster, and other than my DIL feeling tired for one day, no negative reactions at all.
Fiser. Got the first shot the first week of January, then got Covid just a week or two later. So while it's supposed to be three weeks between shots, it was more like 5 1/2 weeks in my case. First shot, I had no side effects or even discomfort, but the second one, about 20 hours later got bad sick.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Last month had my 3rd shot of Pfizer, sore arm for the first 2 days then 10 days sick with severe flu like symptoms. Looking forward to hopefully shooting in Montana in late May, so if I needed 3, I got them.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Nothing gun-related in the last few days except putting the Advantage Arms Glock 26/27 rimfire conversion kit out on consignment & sending a list to a friend of gun stuff that I'm selling that he might be interested in. Mostly the M&P's & Glock 26 stuff; our local gun shop is very heavy stocked with 9mm pistols right now so not putting these out on consignment there, as crowded as the shelves are.

Spent most of the weekend wiring the house's third (and last) electrical subpanel to the main panel. Ran into some snags and had to make a Home Depot run (more than an hour away) on Saturday to get a couple pieces for the ground bus, but was able to get it finished yesterday afternoon.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Excellent pic, and worth letting the idea sink in imo. That tends to be the stereotype - leaving the family house, family business, etc, to the kids, but I know that it would have been pointless and utterly wasteful for my parents to try and leave the family farm to any of us kids, and I think the same is true about leaving our business to our sons. Just don't see them wanting to run it. I figure it will work out better for them & me both to sell it, have the investment proceeds help with living expenses, and let them have the leftover money when I'm gone rather than saddling them with a fairly demanding business that neither of them is really interested in.

Honestly, think the same is true of our house as well. I love the location, the solitude, and the house itself, but the 'big picture' always was centered around a homestead kind of lifestyle, with full-blown aquaponics house & everything, plus big family dealings on holidays & such. But with the boys having moved so far away, no real enticing career prospects (in their respective fields) in our area, and the long-term realities of my wife & me so changed, just doesn't seem like a viable long-term plan anymore. So, much as with the business, I'll probably sell it as well and maybe just rent the rest of my life; potentially wandering/exploring/playing along the way. Just playing it by ear, for now at least...

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
John, The way things have been for a bunch of us the last 5-6years, or more. But the last 3 in particular.
Playing it by ear is the best way to go, IMHO.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Starting Saturday morning, I started emptying my workroom shelves in the basement, since the last time they were organized 10 years ago. It took 2 days to move everything into the family room. Then my wife used the vacuum and dusted for the first time in that room since we moved into the house 13 years ago. So far I've got 3/4 of the stuff back on the shelves, time to decide about downsizing the remainder. But I need a break today, weekly range practice in 2 hours!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Have a buyer for my M&P C.O.R.E. 9mm, and most of the M&P magazines. It's a 'friend of a friend' thing and don't have them truly gone yet, but pretty sure it's a solid deal. Still have my normal full-size M&P 9mm to sell, and am holding back with three magazines from this sale to go along with it.

I've been watching "El Chapo" on Netflix and am halfway seriously considering semi-pimping out my CZ P01. Pearl grips, gold fill in the slide markings, etc. My other main guns are polymer framed and wouldn't really work for it, so the CZ may catch the abuse in their stead. Never have had a pistol that was ostentatious before, and not sure why I'd want to now; but not much makes sense in the world nowadays anyway, so why should I fight the current...

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Have a buyer for my M&P C.O.R.E. 9mm, and most of the M&P magazines. It's a 'friend of a friend' thing and don't have them truly gone yet, but pretty sure it's a solid deal. Still have my normal full-size M&P 9mm to sell, and am holding back with three magazines from this sale to go along with it.

I've been watching "El Chapo" on Netflix and am halfway seriously considering semi-pimping out my CZ P01. Pearl grips, gold fill in the slide markings, etc. My other main guns are polymer framed and wouldn't really work for it, so the CZ may catch the abuse in their stead. Never have had a pistol that was ostentatious before, and not sure why I'd want to now; but not much makes sense in the world nowadays anyway, so why should I fight the current...
A Colt SAA or even a 1911 maybe, but a blinged out CZ P-01? John, have you started listening to Rap and sagging your Levi's?

• Haha
Reactions: BigEd and Garand

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
...have you started listening to Rap and sagging your Levi's?
😁 Not yet.

Don't know why other than seeing all the narco scumbags' blinged-out guns (mostly beretta 92's for some reason), but it's got me seriously thinking about it. The Cimarron 'Pistoleer' could also be a fun candidate, because it's already got an unusual color combination - blued barrel & cylinder, nickel grip frame, and brass insert in the wood grip. I dunno...

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
What I've been sorting through off and on for a few years:
And sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words:
View attachment 14409 no
That's been my project over the last couple weeks...I'm doing it in phases. the back 1/4 of my garage (workshop area) is looking pretty good and organized. I have a bunch of crap to sort through in the front section, then I'll go through all the storage. Then I'll start over and go through everything at least one more time. I was amazed at some of the crap I was hoarding....o_O

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
That's been my project over the last couple weeks...I'm doing it in phases. the back 1/4 of my garage (workshop area) is looking pretty good and organized. I have a bunch of crap to sort through in the front section, then I'll go through all the storage. Then I'll start over and go through everything at least one more time. I was amazed at some of the crap I was hoarding....o_O
Biggest problem is my parents were in the weekend flea market business from somehow around 1980 to 2021. And would go to yard sales and auctions. Plus my father had 2-3 connections on various merchandise.
And all of the stuff that wasn't sold when my mother finally left the business is stored in and around the property.
Most not worth much if anything. So it's being scrapped, junked or recycled.
But I can't say it's entirely their fault either. I've nooks and crannies of stuff here.
Like I've no clue as to why I've kept almost 20 of them little red card board boxes Hornady 55gr SP bullets came in.🙄😛

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
The movement on getting a big chunk of our business sold is finally happening. Selling off a little over half of our customer accounts, and the purchasing company started transferring them over on Tuesday the 1st. Not paid yet; we're supposed to do the money close on the 15th which will be nice.

Had a family funeral (wife's uncle) yesterday and took the opportunity to not go back to work afterward, planning to finish some ceiling-hanging lights in the garage. Ended up not getting it done; frankly I wimped out due to the weather. It was freakishly warm yesterday, with 80+ degree temps, and it was 90 in the area I'd be working. Now yesterday morning we still had small piles of ice & snow on the ground from last week's crazy ice storm, and I just wasn't up to that much temp change, especially working up above my head on a ladder with chain-strung lights as this is. Should be able to get it done this weekend.

(And maybe still have time to start pimp-blinging my CZ P01 after finishing that... :cool: )

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
This week was really good until last night and this morning through afternoon.
Dealing with a "no good deed ever goes unpunished situation" with a couple of people.🙄
I don't need anymore drama in my life and this sucks.
Really enforced my desire to move but may have redirected my choice of location.
Arizona is looking as a better idea by the minute.
My other maybe choice could be SW MO again.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
This weekend, played around with the CZ P01 & cosmetically blinged it up a little. Also finally got the chain-strung lights in the garage finished; they were much more of a chore than I was hoping for. Four 130-watt LED high-bay style lights strung on a horizontal chain running 40' from one side of the garage to the other. The chain attaches to the walls on either end at 12', but sagged nearly two feet in the middle due to the the weight of the fixtures. So I added some vertical chains from the horizontal light-bearing chain, running up to ceiling purlins at ~18 feet. The complication was doing it from a 10-foot ladder, with feet that still aren't completely recovered from last year's surgeries. Took a lot of grunting & some creativity, but finally finished it. Got the wiring finished & permanent including cut-in wall box for their switch and adding a new circuit in the nearby subpanel.

Fwiw, the high-bay LED lights are another woot.com purchase. LED Value UFO High Bay Work Lights Paid only $37.99 for them almost exactly a year ago, which is pretty cheap for 18,000-lumen LED lights with a claimed 50,000 hour life expectancy. (If that's accurate, using these for 20 hours a week means they 'should' run maintenance-free until around 2070 or so. I did buy one extra at the time, just in case one dies prematurely; or I may end up using it elsewhere if needed.) For comparison, 18,000 lumens is roughly the equivalent of eleven 100-watt incandescent bulbs; so the four of these put out about the same light as 40-45 100-watt bulbs, using only 530 watts of electricity total.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Flushed the house’s water storage tank. Just a ~120 gallon tank plumbed inline but normally isolated from the rest of the plumbing; serves as our first line of backup water in case of a service outage of whatever kind. Once or twice a year I open the valves to put it inline flow-wise, then flush out into the yard with a hose, and re-isolate it again. When it was new, the first couple times it was flushed it had substantial amounts of crud; mostly rustish looking, I assume from sitting open to the elements after manufacture. It’s been gradually cleaner every flush since, and this time had basically no discernible crud or sediment at all.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Quiet, did some reloading, watched a few movies, been a slow weekend due to my wife being sick, she has lost her voice. Having a couple of the grandsons come this week for a 3 day sleepover. Have a funeral to attend on Friday.

221 - 240 of 276 Posts