Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
361 - 372 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Got home early yesterday and managed to do the first probably five or six pistol-vs-carbine velocity tests. This was five 9mm loads and still have eight more 9mm loads I want to test, so probably two more tests with 9mm; and planning one each with .357 magnum and 45 colt.

Of the five loads I tried yesterday, from the 16" resolute,the three +P loads (Corbon Pow'rBall, Federal 9BP-LE and Underwood Xtreme Defender) all got more than 625 ft/lbs; with the Pow'rBall averaging 730 ft/lbs at 1814 fps. If youtube ever finishes 'processing' it (whatever that entails), I'll post it.

·
Administrator
2,687 Posts
Well it's up there and approved as I'm watching as I type this. Interesting you mentioned the varmint bullets and the .300BO I've been thinking about the SPEER 125GR "TNT" as something to load up. They were pretty good in .308Win back in the day for accuracy.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
My laptop died requiring me to by another, the next day while driving to the computer store, I hit the brakes at a pedestrian crossing, slid into the car in front of me on the icy road. I was doing 10-15 mph under the speed limit, wasn't slow enough.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
I really do not miss winters up north. Tomorrow's supposed to be a high of 44 here and a low of 25 (+7 to -4 C or so..?), and even those temps are colder than I like it anymore.

·
Administrator
2,687 Posts
Weather report for when I got up to let the cat out.
(Yes, I have a car that's house broken like a dog.)
Snow in NW Arkansas this time of year isn't unheard of but it's rare.
At least it zapped any remaining bugs out there.

Plant Snow Freezing Tints and shades Groundcover

Atmosphere Font Astronomical object Science Screenshot

·
Administrator
2,687 Posts
Well no snow or ice yet but the wind must have blew in some bug I wasn't familiar with.
Not insect but flu type....so yet another delay in taking a short vacation. 🙄

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 · (Edited)
Started snowing here a little before 4 this morning and was still going when I left the house around 5:45. Six thirty now; just checked our cameras (I'm at work), and it's still coming down but much slower now, looks like it's about done.
Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

I know this is at least the third snow we've already had this fall, maybe the fourth. Could be just a fluke start, but could also mean an interesting winter.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Looks depressing!

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Opening Day tomorrow, 11 Degrees in the Morning. I hope we shoot something quick!

361 - 372 of 372 Posts