Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this with torch, Dremel, hand tools, 1983. :) Did a lot of welding with a cutting torch, too. Just adjusted it down to a proper welding flame, and "broke away" a lot.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
This is a real "How to" article - NOT. I could probably go down to the creek with a magnet and pull out enough Stars to have firing pins forever.

RIKA

·
Registered
611 Posts
RIKA said:
This is a real "How to" article - NOT. I could probably go down to the creek with a magnet and pull out enough Stars to have firing pins forever.

RIKA
LOL, that's about as cold as an ex-wife.

·
Registered
296 Posts
hey try this out.....
rather than talking smack and knowing you'll get slammed GK
why not actually explain the process and perhaps post some pics to help us understand. also what was wrong with the origanal firing pin?
just curious

sean

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neither one of them knows their ass from a hole in the ground

much less anything about guns, much less about Stars. What I did was cut a shalllow slot into the rear of the slide, beyond what had to be done to fit the 1911 firing pin stop. I reduced the OD and thickness of a Dremel cutoff disk's mandrel screw head as much as I could get away with. Clamped the Star slide upside down and horizontal in the vise, and took about an hour, with low rpms, to fit the 1911 pin stop. I had to reduce the size of the pin stop, too. Then I cut the 1911 firing pin to fit inside the Star slide, and that was that. This was on a Pony 380. With the BM, you don't have to cut things down as much.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Is this conversion magnetic? If so I will probably dredge one up sometime.

RIKA :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
well that was an interesting way to modify something.
now i got to ask a few more questions.
why the modification in the 1st place? i have done some things just to see if i could.

what made you choose the 1911 design?

why a star?

what did you wish to achieve with this?

did you achieve your goals?

and how did you come up with the idea in the 1st place.

sean

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Well the Pony was actually an Iver Johnson Product. So we already have him caught in another lie.

The Star 380's do not need modified as they are baby 1811's anyway. I know i have 2 of them. And ther eis also no way to modity the Star 380 with a dremmel for a for a 1911 firing pin stop it does nto need anyway.

So I call BS on this boast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts