Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lots of places, it takes DYNAMITE to get 3 ft deep. every adult is likely to have to bury or burn 10-100 bodies, if shtf, all in one year. like anyone is going to have time or energy to dig holes, expose themselves to being shot while they did graves? Bs, it will either be MASS cremations or let the disease vectors sit and rot, and the toxins run into the ground water, let the dogs eath them, the insects spread their diseases.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You know,I have actually wondered about this before.The "best" solution I've ever come up with involves fire.I could see in a post SHTF scenario a LOT of bodies.The most sanitary thing I can think of would be to pick a city block(or 2 or ..whatever)& fill the basements with the corpses.Then just burn the houses down over the bodies.I've no idea what the ratio of house size in board feet vs.complete corpse immolation(& frankly I hope I never find out!) is,but I'd bet that it would work fairly well.I'd also be willing to bet that there would be ALOT of empty houses that could be used...:(

It seems to me that w/o electricity,any home w/o at least one fireplace would be just good for storage or tinder.At least in the northern states.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hey, buzzards have to eat, same as the worms. The Bible said that one half would be spared and the rest would be where the carrion birds were.

Any stalking wannabe sneaking bushwhackers in my area are going to find thenselves bailing wired to a post, a telephone pole, or a tree as a scarecrow for people and a warning to others.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
these shtf fantasies disturb me; pray tell how you expect all these things to come about?

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
erica/gunkid have you been watching "The Omega Man" with Charleton Heston again??? When the Mrs. allows you your weekly TV priviledges, you relly must start watching educational stuff! You might actually learn something!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
dynamite. Hmmm. 500,000 bodies, one stick per body to make the grave. Say how much does 500,000 sticks of dynamite weigh? Think it will all fit in gunkid's backpack?

On the same subject, there is a TV movie series on now, I think it's called Survive or something. They are supposed to have had a 747 break appart and one part landed on an Island. 40 or 50 people trying to survive. One is a wannabe survivalist who was cripple (due to psychologoical reason) but can now walk. Any of you see the show?

I saw one episode (and turned channel after that) cuase they put the bodies off all the dead in the 747 and then burned the plane (and of course their shelter went up in flames as that is what the 747's hull would have been.)

It's the kind of show gunkid would love. Everyone is stupid and walks around not knowing what to do. They are pretty much inept like he is.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Depending on the strength of the Dynamite you might need more than 1 stick. Where I work, when we purchase dynamite we don't let it sit for more than 24 months. There is a possibility of it to exude NG through the casing after that. Bad plan erika/gunkid, do some research first. The TV show is called "LOST". I've watched 4 or 5 episodes, considering "reality" TV, it could be worse. You are correct though their techniques leave a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
There was a movie clip circulating around the net for a while, about trying to use dynamite to dispose of a beached whale carcass.

Hilarity ensued, particularly when chunks of whale began raining down on the people and the parked cars....

:devil:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Aslan said:
There was a movie clip circulating around the net for a while, about trying to use dynamite to dispose of a beached whale carcass.

Hilarity ensued, particularly when chunks of whale began raining down on the people and the parked cars....

:devil:
LOL,I saw that one.People 1/4 mile from ground zero were getting pasted with putrefying whale chunks.

It was very disgusting.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
JD thinks that everyone will be evenly spread out across the country, hence you won't be able to dig a hole, but you'll be able to set a huge pyre, telling everone within 50 miles of where you are.

There's a fascinating book I real a while back called, "Being Your Own Undertaker". I'd highly recommend reading it.

For instance, did you know that dead bodies will often groan and even sit up when going into rigor mortise as the muscles contract, forcing air through the vocal chords? Baterial growth in a dead body can also release a luminescence that people have mistaken for spirits of the dead.

An example of this was when one woman who killed her husband and had him laying on the floor of their unlit basement. After a while she checked in on him and saw a faint glow around the body and heard the corpse faintly 'moan' as it went into rigor mortise. This natural phenomenon so freaked her out she immediately turned herself in to the cops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts