Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 oz 22 silencer, even with poor designalmost 3x as long as the one I made for the beretta, when I was in CO. So John is once again proven to be fos. The M21 is 10.5 ozs.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Proven how? And in what regard. You provide no context, nothing to describe what you’re talking about, and if this is regarding another post, you don’t put this in the same thread, nor even quote what this is about. You’ve proven nothing but the lack of cognitive ability and discipline to make a coherent point. Even if you’re correct in what you’re trying to say, you fail at saying it. The failure means you haven’t proven anything.

See why posting in the right places matters?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
...The M21 is 10.5 ozs.
Wrong, but closer than most things you post. Per Beretta's website, it's 11.8 empty, not 10.5; which is a difference of 12%, and so definitely closer to right than most of your statements. https://www.beretta.com/en-us/21-a-bobcat/

And that's empty weight. Loaded with 8 rds adds another ~1 oz or so, taking it to around 14.
- Plus you claim you use an extended (Taurus) magazine, making it taller and heavier, and slightly increasing ammo weight as well.
- Plus we have to add the weight of the extended and threaded barrel.
- Plus you claim you add an additional metal plate on top of the slide.
- Plus you claim you add a dovetailed sight on that metal plate on top of the slide.
- Plus you claim you add an extended speed safety.
- Plus you claim you add a manual slide lock.
- Plus you claim you add an extractor.
- Plus we have to add the weight of a suppressor.
- Plus you claim you add a luminous sight onto the suppressor.

m21 Beretta needs steel cap added to the slide so that you have the needed metal to fit a dovetailed rear sight and the extractor. a vertical pin thru the slide retains the extractor.

...I preferred the speed safety lever and cocked and locked carry anyway. I put the luminous front sight on the can and the rear of the slide, and the sight that I dovetailed into the thread protector was just plain blued steel.
...m21 Beretta pocket .22. 7.5" OAL. needs sights, extractor, slide lock, the longer PT22 Taurus mag, speed safety...
...the SA-only, re-worked M21 Beretta as my only .22lr handgun. I'd have about $900 in it, by the time the luminous sights were fitted.

When you add the silencer to the M21, you can hunt any time and anyplace. That 9" 15 oz, 2" at 25m combo constantly entertaining on the trail. Adding the can would be another $400...
All those added items mean added weight; no way around it. I know you don't like being reminded of the laws of physics, but they're laws that simply can't be ignored anywhere other than a drug-induced fantasy.

So starting at around 14 ounces (loaded with the modified, longer Taurus magazine) before all those adds, what is the finished weight likely to be? I honestly don't know, because I've never kludged up my 21A that way.

But I do know that when you start with a gun that weighs 13.5-14 oz loaded, add all the stuff you say you add, and then add a silencer on top of everything else, you don't end up with a finished weight of 15 oz.

A 9" long, 15 oz silenced M21 .22lr Beretta AND a Sig P938, also 9 ozs, weigh no more, (both fully loaded)...
Then again, I don't think a one-pound Sig P938 weight only 9 ounces either...

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I know you don't like being reminded of the laws of physics, but they're laws that simply can't be ignored anywhere other than a drug-induced fantasy.
Boati is immune to the laws of physics, like all the other laws governing reality.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't know why you bothered to bail him out on this post. Even though he was proven, once again, to be wrong, his post was nonsense and weapons grade stupid without any context.
ROFLMAO!
I gotta remember that one.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I don't know why you bothered to bail him out on this post. Even though he was proven, once again, to be wrong, his post was nonsense and weapons grade stupid without any context.
In Melvins defence, while he generally lacks "clarity" (can't think of another word without insulting him), he does bring out well thought out responses from others.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Didn't at all mean to bail him out of anything; was trying to point out detailed examples of ignorance & stupidity, rather than the tempting (and completely true) "holy god, you're about a 9 on the ignoramous scale" comments. :cool:

I mean, add all that crap to a gun, add a silencer to a gun, and think you're only going to have 3 ounces more weight than the gun is empty? That truly is at least an 8 or 9 on the igmo scale.

The 'about what' query was to see if coward-boy would specify what I was FOS about. He always spouts the "I already told you" comeback, but never really does tell us.

But if I was nearly 70 years old, cared for no one, had to take drugs in order to sleep and was still playing with homemade backyard-camping ideas, I'd probably be bitter and lash out at the world too...

I'm fortunate and blessed in that once I consciously decided to change my life I met a woman who showed me what a decent life can be. We're at a point now where we're able to help people to some degree, and enjoy it immensely. I gave away a couple thousand 22LR's today to a couple people who needed them, and even though it's something I'll never miss, it made me feel surprisingly good. I wish gunkid would learn that lesson and experience that relaity, but time is not his friend at this point. :(

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
But if I was nearly 70 years old, cared for no one, had to take drugs in order to sleep and was still playing with homemade backyard-camping ideas, I'd probably be bitter and lash out at the world too...

(
:laugh01::laugh01:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts