Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
super compact can on a m21 Beretta pocket .22. 7.5" OAL. needs sights, extractor, slide lock, the longer PT22 Taurus mag, speed safety, trigger bent to remove overtravel and make it SA only. with 1" more can and the underchamber, it's quieter and only needs cleaning every 300 rds. With tape around it to get rid of the "ringing' of the tube and WD-40 and water inside of it, it's very quiet, much more so than this thing. That thick wipe probably makes the bullet keyhole and you can't aim the thing. Since you have to hit the sinus cavities, ear hole, behind the ear cavity, top center of head, or the eyeball, or get a screaming mess , need the sights. I dont trust it without an extractor. also, the too-light slide blows open too easily, letting a lot of noise out of the ejection port.

just copy and paste the link. to go to the yt vid

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Kewl suppressor but I'll stay with my Beretta M71

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
I wonder how much velocity the thick wipe takes from the bullet? Their wipe is around 3/8" thick; not sure how much effect on velocity that would have.

I also really like the Beretta 21A. It's beautifully made, it's very reliable when you find a load it likes, and it's in a caliber that's cheap to shoot.

Its main problem is that it's a wimp power-wise. It was great when it came out, just as with the Colt Paterson was in its day. But to consider a Paterson a good choice for any serious purposes today would be lunacy. It could be fun, it could even be a good learning platform potentially, but it would not be a good choice for defensive use, offensive use, hunting, or anything where performance was important. Exactly the same with the 21A - it's fun to shoot and it's very nicely made, but it's not powerful enough to accomplish much anytime that performance is important. It's less than half as powerful as a well-loaded .32acp micro-pistol like the P32, running 57 ft/lbs compared to the P32's 149 ft/lbs.

Either way, interesting video.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
I already posted my experiences with the .22 LR small semi-automatics. With a suppressor lowering the FPS even more I would think this would reduce the effectiveness to a "Stick it in his ear" type scenario.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
...With a suppressor lowering the FPS even more I would think this would reduce the effectiveness to a "Stick it in his ear" type scenario.
That's my thinking as well; just don't know specifics. For consideration - even the lighter-weight HP minimags only leave my wife's 21A at only 847.4 fps on average. Even if the thick rubber plug (wipe) barrier at the end only robs it of 60-65 fps, that's knocking it down to 48-49 ft/lbs at muzzle-contact distance; less than a .22 short has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.