Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been watching a couple of videos on the "Winter War" between Finland and Russia in 1939/40. One of the reasons the Finns made mincemeat out of the Russians was the fact that the Finns wore White Winter camo and the Russians didn't. Just wondered how many people maintain a set of winter whites in their gear. Picked mine up decades ago from a surplus store I was rummaging through.

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
There are areas in AZ where winter whites could work, but theres enough areas where even in snow, there’s vegetation you can blend in with.

I should probably pick up a set of the lightweight ones that go over your clothing. Wouldn’t hurt to have the option…

·
Administrator
2,558 Posts
Here's my two self camo'ed
polar fleece top and pants.
Plus a synthetic coverall. The latter originally made as part of an anti-static clean room set up. They had a surplus of those and we're literally giving them away.
Brown Comfort Textile Grey Wood

My only current downside is no head gear in white but I've camo fleece watch caps and so far one Balaclava like that plus face/neck gaiters.
Maybe I need to schlep up to BassPro/Cabela's and see what winter gear they have.

Really residing in the Southern United States I've never invested too much in winter camo.
No matter how much I've wanted to make some Antifa snowmen neither they nor the weather seem to want to cooperate.☹🤣
Blade Dagger Knife Natural material Sword

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Base on the weather in Texas last winter, it would be a cheap investment in "just in case".

Reactions: Dorobuta
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.