Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Nice :D

Rich,
If the constitution does not grant that authority to the federal government, then those powers remain within the hands of the states or the people themselves.
To my knowledge, the Constitution didn't grant the feds the ability to make a little plant illegal, right? Yet they still trampled state/local laws and arrested the growers.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The modern interpretation of the constitution is that if its not specifically prevented, its fair game.

Yes, its wrong, but that doesn't stop anyone.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Fed laws as well as state laws sometimes are completely illegitimate, no question.

If nothing else, springing the $13 for a 5-round mag from www.mwgco.com would let a person use their "evil gun" legally for hunting in most places.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
First off John, good deal getting your son in on it. Great to see someone bringing their kids up right.

John in AR said:
If nothing else, springing the $13 for a 5-round mag from www.mwgco.com would let a person use their "evil gun" legally for hunting in most places.
Brownell's had the 5-rounders I got for the FALs, also. I don't know if they carry them for other rifles, or what the prices are.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I have to admit ignorance here. I know of no Federal law limiting magazine capacity while hunting. ( Migratory Waterfowl excepted) I know my State has no such regulation. .22 calibers are permitted for big game as long as they are not rimfires. I have went on many, many "drives" carrying an AR-15. Been checked by State Warden's who never blinked at the 20 round magazine. I quit "group hunting" after seeing too much carelessness. I also switched to a heavier caliber after seeing wounded deer lost. If that statute is on the books, an awful lot of 10/22 rifle toters are in trouble.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
John, re your son. You are giving your sons the richest heritage they can have. They have a fine Dad. :beer:

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
There's no legimate reason whatsoever for ANY Federal law-enforcement powers. The "interstate commerce clause is just a lame excuse for the Feds to usurp powers rightfully belonging ONLY to the states. ALL crimes are committed in SOME state,so why can't that state handle such as THEY choose, hmm? those who don't like it are free to move to some other state.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I believe that federal law trumps state law and that state laws can only be more, not less, restrictive. For example, when California "legalized" marijuana, DEA still came in and busted growers that were abiding by their state, county and city laws. Feds trumped there.

In AZ, I'm pretty sure there is a 5rnd capacity limit and cans are no-nos.

cheers
Wrong on both counts. Suppressors are legal to hunt with and the 5 round restrictions were removed quite a few years back. Still can’t use night vision for raccoons, you have to use a light.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
The unfortunate fact is that at least up here in Canada the anti gun left after 50 years of assaulting firearms owners are winning. Reality, apparently cannot beat emotions nor the changing demographics from rural to urban dwellers.

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Once the Canadian border opens back up (if it ever opens back up), I want to do a bear hunt in Manitoba with my bow. It is easy to bring bolt action rifles up north, but hand guns and semi-autos are another issue altogether. If I were participating in a service rifle match, I could bring a competition gun up, but it is still a very large hassle

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
John in AR, kewl little piece! I wonder if the dipstick would like to post pics of his AR setup?
Never happen. That would require a trip to reality world, and he failed to renew his membership a while back.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Once the Canadian border opens back up (if it ever opens back up), I want to do a bear hunt in Manitoba with my bow. It is easy to bring bolt action rifles up north, but hand guns and semi-autos are another issue altogether. If I were participating in a service rifle match, I could bring a competition gun up, but it is still a very large hassle
With the recent firearms legislation service rifle, 3 gun matches are severely restricted, nobody will ever be allowed to bring a modern service rifle north of the border if this legislation passes. Our lefty government is using the covid crisis to its full advantage to ram dictatorial legislation through. The new legislation actually wipes out Airsoft.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
John, use whatever your comfortable with. I just think the .223/5.56MM is not enough for northern Whitetail. Does run in the 120 to 160 lb. category. The one I shot last year was 162 lbs. Bucks can go as much as 20 to 30 lbs. over that. My son took his first deer with an SKS using a 125 Grain SP, but I prefer a heavier bullet. I used a BSA 7MM Magnum one season, very accurate and certainly did the job, but I ruined some meat. The exit hole was the size of my fist. I'll stick with my FN Browning BAR in 30/06. 180 Grain SP's. I don't like tracking deer off my own property. Too many "once a year in the woods" hunters that pretty consistently shoot each other. The " against hunting with an assault rifle" theme is silly. AR-15's, AK's, M-1A's and FN SLR's, could all be classified as "Assault Rifles", but when the magazines are blocked to five rounds, their no different than my BAR. The ones pictured dropped quick, both to 30/06's.
you "think" a .44 mag revolver is ok for stopping 600 lb grizzly bears and it has no more power than the 223, and a LOT less ability to get the required brain hit when charged, too. But SOMEHOW, that same 1000 ft lbs aint enough to take a pissant little deer? thousands of deer are taken every year with .22lr and not all of them are brain hits, either. A .22lr bullet thru the lungs usually downs them within 100m and in a lot of situations, say up in a tree in fairly open country, you'll see them fall. This is especially true if it's subsonic .22lr thru a good silencer. They often just scratch at the hit with their foreleg, which some bowhuntes see happen, too A good 223 softpoint hits harder than the KY Rifle and 44-40 lever ever did, and quite a bit harder than the .30 Carbine ever did, but all 3 of those have taken thousands of big deer.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
of course i"m not. I've got balls. I dont have the problem you have.
.22 LR's ARE illegal for Deer. Besides being illegal they are inhumane on Deer sized animals. Sure they'll kill, a lot of times a week later. Use a proper effective cartridge for Deer. Who would take YOUR word for anything? When's the last time you shot a Whitetail Deer? Like never? You don't have balls, you have rocks in your head. Leave the Ambien alone for a couple of weeks and you may even to start thinking clearly.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
of course i"m not. I've got balls. I dont have the problem you have.
What problem not being a dumbass 4x loser felon?
🤣😂🤣😂
Oh yeah, I can hunt without poaching
Walk into a gun shop had and walk out with a gun
Buy a machine gun or silencer if I feel like it.
Get a job requiring a background check or even a state license.
Oh yeah them are "problems".
And my personal life ain't so fucked up I don't have to go half way around the world to buy a wife either.😛

Oh BTW- Chief Spewing Bull. You still not learned how to use a map and compass?🤣

Yeah unlike you I got all sorts of problems.😁

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions: Castandblast27

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
What problem not being a dumbass 4x loser felon?
🤣😂🤣😂
Oh yeah, I can hunt without poaching
Walk into a gun shop had and walk out with a gun
Buy a machine gun or silencer if I feel like it.
Get a job requiring a background check or even a state license.
Oh yeah them are "problems".
And my personal life ain't so fucked up I don't have to go half way around the world to buy a wife either.😛

Oh BTW- Chief Spewing Bull. You still not learned how to use a map and compass?🤣

Yeah unlike you I got all sorts of problems.😁
Oh and a follow up. Just by coincidence I see this at one LGS up the road in Springdale.
Not a big fan but newest 17shot Keltec with a suppressor who's brand I neglected to ask.
Nice light package.
IMG_20210503_182627776.jpg

21 - 39 of 39 Posts