Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

Super Moderator
I think Melvin would have peed himself if he just heard the conversation that turned into an argument between an ATF agent and I.

I had been subpoenaed as a possible witness to testify in Federal Court against a friend of mine.
I won't go into details but the questions were real sketchy and I answered as such. I wasn't going to commit perjury to help build his case.

Registered
There's no legimate reason whatsoever for ANY Federal law-enforcement powers. The "interstate commerce clause is just a lame excuse for the Feds to usurp powers rightfully belonging ONLY to the states. ALL crimes are committed in SOME state,so why can't that state handle such as THEY choose, hmm? those who don't like it are free to move to some other state.
I agree with you in the Interstate Commerce Act. It was intended to prevent states from charging tariffs and the like on each other. It has been abused very badly.

as far as the rest, the problem(s) arise when crimes are committed in multiple states, or across state lines. What happens when the laws are different in each state? What about crimes that occur on federal property? It isn't as simple or straightforward as you seem to think.

I'm not defending the current status quo, just pointing out it is a complicated mess, made more complicated by retarded law makers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You can hunt them in Arkansas year round as well if you want. Basically the game & fish manual just about says, "if you see one, anytime, anywhere, please shoot it".

One of our guys brought in some breaded venison to work yesterday that he took over Christmas. First I've had in months.

Super Moderator
I've got bad news about Arkansas and feral hogs.
A lot of people don't know of this AGFC bureaucratic foolishness but here it is in their own words:

You can't hunt them just anywhere anymore.
Somehow somewhere there's money involved in this.
While I know many good people working for the AGFC IMHO the autonomy it was created with has become a problem.
Reminds me of their absolute refusal to acknowledge a viable population of Mountain Lion existed in the Ozarks; for decades.馃檮

Registered
Just for the record. Javelina aren't even pigs. They are Collared Peccary - related, but not the same thing. They are very distant cousins. They are sometimes called new world pigs, because they are native to the Americas, whereas actual pigs were brought from Europe.

Registered
Strictly, technically, and functionally speaking there is NO SUCH THING as a semiautomatic 'assault rifle'. THAT is an impossibility! Here is an except I wrote a few years ago on this very topic:

Good! Let the well-meaning, but badly confused state and federal legislators use this sort of firearm technobabble all they want. Why? Because there is no such thing as an actual 'assault rifle' available to the general American public to use for either hunting, or anything else鈥擳hat is why!

(HINT: The federal government took care of banning 鈥assault rifles鈥 all the way back in 1934; and, unfortunately, the na茂ve and gullible American public of the day allowed their, then sitting, congress to get away with what should have been a clearly recognized violation of the Constitution鈥檚 Second Amendment; but, perhaps sadly, they did not!)

Personally, I find this particular topic to be really annoying鈥擡specially when America鈥檚 (not too bright) Senator Diane Feinstein delivers another one of her incessant harangues against her imaginary 鈥Evil Black ASSAULT Rifles鈥!

Consequently, the question of: What an actual 鈥assault rifle鈥 is needs to be correctly answered. OK, here we go!

The AR-15 family of firearms has long been misidentified by America鈥檚 sensationalist news media and certain government 鈥media stars鈥 as being an 鈥assault rifle鈥. Well, isn't it about time someone mentioned that the semiautomatic, civilian model AR-15 is not now, nor ever has been capable of performing as an actual assault rifle!

A genuine assault rifle must be able to deliver sustained, fully automatic, and suppressive gunfire鈥擲omething which no civilian AR-15 is, as originally manufactured, capable of doing.

Here鈥檚 another interesting fact: After more than 100 years of consistent American military policies requiring the Army and Marines to be frugal and use ammunition both sparingly and with a high degree of accuracy, the American military has finally realized that taking precise single shots, and using ammo-conserving mechanical gizmos like 3 shot burst controls actually prevent American soldiers from effectively overrunning and taking swift control of the battlefield.

This salient fact is especially true whenever combat is conducted at close quarters as in most, if not all, MOUT engagements.

In the future American assault rifles (real ones, now) will not be fitted with any sort of limited burst control. Instead there will be only two distinct fire-control settings on tomorrow鈥檚 M16鈥檚, M4鈥檚, and the closely associated Marine Model M27 variants: Selective single-shot/semiautomatic fire, and high capacity/full automatic (assault) fire.

It should be patently obvious鈥攅ven to the sensationalist and (definitely) foreign controlled, organized news and congressional 鈥media people鈥欌攖hat a thoroughly 鈥neutered鈥, and strictly semiautomatic, civilian model AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle鈥擭ever has been, and never will be either!

Registered
Unfortunately you are preaching to the choir, given this woke generations manipulation of the media the actual truth is no longer acceptable, sadly.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Unfortunately you are preaching to the choir, given this woke generations manipulation of the media the actual truth is no longer acceptable, sadly.
It's not 'preaching to the choir' that is at issue. It is current incongruous political thinking, and intellectual tyranny, instead. All conscious thought (the 'right answers to things') is done on the intellectual basis of what philosophers call 'rational negation'.

This means that the human mind conceptualizes information on the basis that: 'Alpha is alpha because it is not beta.' Pragmatically, white cannot be black one day, and grey the next. Politicians do NOT write laws this way, and neither can they (honestly) create definitions to suit any emotional vicissitudes of the moment.

To either think or behave in such an intellectually sloppy way would destroy mankind's long cherished ability to fathom and manipulate that physical world inside of which we ALL find ourselves to be captured. Albert Einstein, himself, once remarked that: ALL KNOWLEDGE BEGINS WITH A CLEAR AND PRECISE DEFINITION OF TERMS. This is still true!

In particular regard to my previous comments: No civilian AR-15 is or can ever be an 'assault rifle'. It might LOOK like one, but it cannot either function nor perform as one. THAT is the truth!

Reactions: Garand
41 - 52 of 52 Posts