Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be leaving for deer camp in a couple of hours. Have decided to take the H&K91 for my deer rifle. Won't be many people around so no big fuss. We set up a feeder 225yds distant that the deer have been coming to so I should have a nice clear shot. No problem with the 20rd mag since its perfectly legal when filled with SPs.

We should be up there for a couple of days, then back home to take care of the dogs and then back to deer camp. Will be thinking of you and wishing you were there with me; its so beautiful.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Good luck!Have fun!Don't shoot any Hmong hunters you run accross!

:)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Have fun sounds like fun getting to hun with yrou battle rifle.

Maybe I will do that next year when I hunt in Mo or Ks.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Good hunting RIKA! Tell us what you think of the HK91 for hunting when you get back,

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Enjoy. I used my CAR-15 for the first time on deer this year. Of course, the only deer I took wasn’t any larger than most goats. ;) So the .308 should do you fine.

Hard Rock said:
I hunt with my HK's on occasion. I smile at the looks I get from the other guys.
I had that experience this year as well. I had the only silenced black autorifle up there; go figure... :dgrin:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Iron sights or 'scoped? Years ago I fired one with a scope, it was only a 100 yard range but I was impressed. As I recall recoil was light for a .308.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
41mag said:
Good luck!Have fun!Don't shoot any Hmong hunters you run accross!

:)

:roflmao1: :roflmao1: :roflmao1:

OH! MAN, THAT WAS "TIMLEY"!

great post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts