Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isn' the first time I have built a .50 rifle. Did a bolt gun a couple years ago. Looking for something more challenging now. Just happen to own a Serbu as well.

There is a first time for everything. If you do it the right way it isn't anymore dangerous than crossing the street. Common sense prevails here, I can assure you I have no intention of being nominated for a Darwin award.

As far as the Serbu injury is concerned it was on a very early shell holder model. Not even close to the bolt gun he went to production with.

Part of the satisfaction I get from this sport is putting a personal touch on my tools, not just the spacing between the holes I make in the sheet of paper downrange. If all I do is shoot something someone else built for me, more than half the fun is gone!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to use the shop where I work. It is nice not to have to invest in expensive equipment and still get just as much fun out of it. If I do the project I'll post on progress.

From what I know the prints from Hyperdelivery are not completely production ready. Now this is not a bad thing since if you buy them now at the "introductory price" you will get the updated production version when he gets it done. I suspect the price of these prints is going up once he gets his patents and goes to production.

If you know anyone that has the prints, or is building from them, that doesn't mind chatting about their experience it would be nice to get in touch with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.