Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to include a couple each of 3/4 and 1/2 turns, several 1/4 turns, big LUNGING steps. So when I say it's EASY to take a step in half a second, I'm being CONSERVATIVE. A step is 30" and half a step is enough to make a shot miss a man. So ANY time you have a sideways, STANDING man, and the bullet flight time is over 1/4 second, sudden target MOVEMENT, (coughing violently, sneezing, bending over, turning sideways) etc, can easily mean you MISS him. No rifle bullet, from any caliber, covers much distance at all in 1/4 second. 300m, tops, even with a 220 Swift. 20" 308 can't reach much beyond 400m in half a second. :) reaching THAT far will take a hot load and a boattail based match bullet, in .5 second, for a 20" barreled 308. plain based softpoint, it won't reach beyond 300m in .5 second. So CLAIMS of wonderful long range crap with the 308 are mostly bs, based on LIMITED experience (if ANY) on live targets.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
So much for your great physical prowness. Now I want you to do it wearing a pink TUTU and ballet slippers.

RIKA :D

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
You keep inventing reasons that long range shooting can't be done. I guess it really scares you.

I really liked the part about having to have hot handloads to shoot at long distances.

whatever helps you sleep at night.

:devil:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Andy,I thought you studied Korean forms....my 2nd ID days got me into Hapkido(for close quarters work-I'm not a jumper),but as I recallfrom Shotokan(another life)"kata"is a Japanese term.....what's the Hangul forTKD forms??...(or .223 fan or GK)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dunno. My instructor didn't waste our time with learning korean. He called the forms "motions". What MATTERS, dumbass,is the speed and precision of execution, maintenance of balance, LOOKING before-as turn, etc. NOT what they are called.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
OK,...."dumbass",WTF is your malfunction..you're EXACTLY like the typical a-hole that likes to "call people out" from a passing vehicle or from behind a crowd.I asked you a question because I DON'T have an easy time with languages. I speak English,understand& read a decent ammount of Spanish,but I never DID learn more than a few Korean insults,never mind the proper terms.As a matter offact I thought you MIGHT be able to answere the question since I keep hearing from you about your TKD days.WTF,screw civility for some;its like pearls before swine. :headbang:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
gripper, you need to understand, whenever Andy/223 Fan is caught on something, he hurls insults. that way your attention is drawn to the insult, not to the fact that he doesn't have a good answer.

(it is possible, that his instructor, with a Korean name, spoke mostly Japanese. It is also possible that he was given a black belt without having to learn the names and traditions of his art. It is also possible that he was given the rank, even though he displays a complete lack of discipline.)

I am of the opinion that there is a disconnect between his claims and reality. Judge for yourself.

:devil:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
If the little yardqueen ever speaks to me in person in such a fashion he may wind up disconnected in ways beyond his sense of reality.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
gripper, I have NEVER met a oriential BORN master that did not speak in their classes with their own language! That would be like an American boxer not teaching the boxing techniques with at least some of his own language terms. And orientals WANT to pass on their customs!

Hell, that's like a Mexican not using Spanish in class in MEXICO!

So, yes, it's all bs from gunboob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts