Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Those khukuri (spelling) are impressive looking but if you are not adept in handling one then a K-Bar WWII fighting knife would be a better choice. In fact the newer smaller K-Bar would be a good all time carry knife - not too obtrusive and big enough to get many jobs done. It is a great all round utility knife or a pretty darn good fighting knife.

While I agree with Andy that I cannot imagine walking around without a gun and just a big knife like one of those Indian monstrosities, I have to say that if the SHTF and I had a choice of either a good pistol or a good knife, I might just have to choose the knife. Sure you can kill someone with a gun to get a knife - but remember my choice a pistool or a knife - no cans, no rifles, etc. If you are alone in the boonies when the SHTF you would pray that you could find some of the right rocks and then figure out how to chip it away to make a blade if you did not have one; and it ain't easy. A knife is a much better tool than a gun because it is capable of doing many more jobs overall. Both would be great and I always carry both, but the knife is the better tool by a long shot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.