Arms Locker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but the dimensions given(and tubing and springs I bought) couldn't handle FA .45 firing. Also, the Grease gun mags were hard to find and expensive. So I switched to 9mm Sten mags, and it greatly improved the utility of the guns, which meant I could demo and sell them (silenced, of course). I cut an 18" Uzi barrel into 6 barrels, chambered and threaded them into the upper receivers of the smgs.

The Minuteman design called for wasting 5-6 hours making a pistol grip, so I just got some $3 M16 pistol grips, and bolted them onto the lower, same way as they are mounted on the AR-15.

My first smg silencer had no expansion chamber nor sleeve tube. It melted the screenwire baffles in the first mag of full auto. :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Was that Minuteman an open bolt gun??I have some vague memories of a design in the old 'Improvised WEapons of th eAmerican Underground" someone in the barracks had.I was paying more attention to some of their explosive and inceniry recipes,but there was some firearms design in there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
When was this Gunkid? I've never known greasegun mags to be hard to find or expensive. I pay $8 each for the ones that I use in the MAC 10's.

Mike

·
Banned
9 Posts
S California, 1985, when I was on the run. The Grease gun mags suck, too. The springs are basically weak. The Sten mags weren't much better, but the wt of the ammo was less, the shape of the rd helped feeding quite a bit.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Yeah, I think that was the title of the softcover, large format book I got it out of. Firepower magazine did a version of it, and lied about its working. the receiver metal was too small an OD, and too thin a wall thickness. The bolt and spring were not nearly capable of handling full auto .45 ACP. It beat the gun useless in the first mag I put thru it, and the side mounted magazine was a stupid idea. You couldn't carry it in an attache case, which was a major sticking point with my customers at the time.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
California 1985, wasn't that the year that you surrendered to a police phone call??

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Grease gun mag springs weak??? Um... yeah. Sure... right... must have been some second hand cobbled together POS mags then. If you want, I'll be happy to send you a NIW grease gun mag that you can examine as a comparison. The springs aren't weak at all.

Mike

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
He is confessing to multiple violations of the Federal Firearma Act That's not a very smart thing to do/ JJ ought to give the Feds a call.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Hell, the Feds BOUGHT 5 of the silenced 9mm version. :) I took the money and RAN. they didn't raid the place until 2 weeks later, and found nothing, cause I sprayed the place down with WD-40, against print lifting. One of the reasons, along with my letters to survivalists and my silencer books, that they screwed with me for so long.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
Hell, the Feds BOUGHT 5 of the silenced 9mm version. :) I took the money and RAN. they didn't raid the place until 2 weeks later, and found nothing, cause I sprayed the place down with WD-40, against print lifting. One of the reasons, along with my letters to survivalists and my silencer books, that they screwed with me for so long.
If they had already bought them from you, they already knew who you were. Spraying the place down with WD-40 did what for you? I suspect they could have pulled whatever prints they needed (if any) from the weapons you sold them.

:devil:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why prints, after all the other......and wd40......

Most likely the FEDS, are still having a hard time believing someone "so adept at being REALLY STUPID" could still be alive,- the prints would verify that ,yes, there is someone that dumb, and he's still alive. The true reason for the hounding by FEDS(....AND) is due to the amount of
oxygen being stolen by said individual, and ofcourse the real fear that such a critter may breed with itself or similar species........... :scatter:

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Thats what he is, where he is living now!! One big "O".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts